Gar ID- sold as pink rainbow gar

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
Some guy from Korea said spotted gars are cheaper than florid as, in Korea so I don't know for sure.
it is rare(if not completely none) to see spotted gar outside of the US. 99% of gar that sold as spotted gar are Florida gar.

cnel124

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2013
Bangkok
it is rare(if not completely none) to see spotted gar outside of the US. 99% of gar that sold as spotted gar are Florida gar.
Yes I also thought gar breeders were pretty rare too but I have met many, I'm just saying things may vary, and I learn more about gars everyday so who knows there may be a mountain of them in Korea, I've never been there.

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
Yes I also thought gar breeders were pretty rare too but I have met many, I'm just saying things may vary, and I learn more about gars everyday so who knows there may be a mountain of them in Korea, I've never been there.
gar breeder and spotted gar are two different thing. And gar breeder isn't that rare if more people can get the right set up to breed them. Spotted gar is about the local laws in the U.S.

cnel124

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2013
Bangkok
gar breeder and spotted gar are two different thing. And gar breeder isn't that rare if more people can get the right set up to breed them. Spotted gar is about the local laws in the U.S.
Yeah that is true, however until the day I visit Korea or anywhere else claiming to have spotted gars, I won't know for sure.

What are the local laws within the whole United States?

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
Yeah that is true, however until the day I visit Korea or anywhere else claiming to have spotted gars, I won't know for sure.

it is different for each State, but pretty much you can't catch a native species and sell them out side of U.S. The last time some one try to catch some gar in Texas and sell them to people in Japan they end up in Jail now.

cnel124

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2013
Bangkok
it is different for each State, but pretty much you can't catch a native species and sell them out side of U.S. The last time some one try to catch some gar in Texas and sell them to people in Japan they end up in Jail now.
Huh well, I wonder how everyone in Asia has Florida, Alligator, and a few long nose which have popped up.

Years ago those gars may've been exported, even with the laws enforced. All it takes is a few gars to produce a giant population of gars.

TexanMFKer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2014
South Korea

So the hundreds of gars sold by the name spotted gar is acually a florida?

Sent from my SHV-E300K using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

TexanMFKer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2014
South Korea
Huh well, I wonder how everyone in Asia has Florida, Alligator, and a few long nose which have popped up.

Years ago those gars may've been exported, even with the laws enforced. All it takes is a few gars to produce a giant population of gars.
True....many many gars in asia...especially the gators and spotteds or floridas(still dont know what they are but they are enlisted as spotteds so...) and even a cuban ive seen a a few years ago

Sent from my SHV-E300K using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store