GATOR GAR

Dank Predator Tank

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2011
VA
i put them in and i know you guys have your opinion on the stocking (i do maintenance almost everyday) but at least they havnt ate each other

Spiritofthesoul

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 3, 2010
Singapore
what is the point of asking when you ignore everybody's comments that it is a bad idea? An alligator gar is very aggressive and territorial. It has a nasty temper most of the time. Even in my 280g tank with just a few bichirs, a 6" alligator gar snapped at them in less than an hour since introduction to the tank and I have to bag it and return it to the LFS.

wayneonet

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 6, 2007
lansing, Michigan
My Alligator Gar is 33 inches and lives alone, he too started out at 3 inches. Might as well set up as big a tank as you can afford, keep him by himself, and watch him grow!

pharmaecopia

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Given the growth rate and temperment of a gator gar, you will likely end up with killed or eaten tankmates. Even as just a grow out tank it is a bad idea.

Polypterus

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
Detroit
Given the growth rate and temperment of a gator gar, you will likely end up with killed or eaten tankmates. Even as just a grow out tank it is a bad idea.
Not Likely will end up with killed fish... You WILL end up with killed fish.. Good Day

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
I don't keep gator gar but as I see a lot of gator gar around me I would say young gator gars are almost impossible to keep with other fish, especially in small tank! Big gator gar might be fine with other fish in a huge tank, but that still a risk!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store