General Stingray Price List

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
Facebook farms don't count. Like I said do some research and spend some time on their forums and talk to some of the other farms and breeders out their.
View attachment 929356
If this is the ray you have been told is a SS MOTORO that is wrong. Here yes maybe some people will think that but if that ray came from who I think it did that is actually what they call a Star Motoro. It is a true hybrid that does have motoro blood in it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
It gets crazy with all the names. I was told that ray is a hybrid. Then I was told that ray is a ss Motoro. So it is actually a star Motoro. That ray was imported from Thailand. If you know some of what is mixed to get that I would like to know. Pm me if your willing. if I end up getting it I would breed it or try to anyway. Would be nice to know what is in them.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Silent Bob

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Not to crazy once you get the names down. I am still learning a few of them. Research is all I can tell you. From that farm she is a hybrid. She will not lose the spotting like a true SS Motoro. This is where learning the lineage of rays is important like has been discussed in another thread.

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
Not to crazy once you get the names down. I am still learning a few of them. Research is all I can tell you. From that farm she is a hybrid. She will not lose the spotting like a true SS Motoro. This is where learning the lineage of rays is important like has been discussed in another thread.

I research all fish I am going to get before I get them. I just have a hard time figuring out what is what when it comes to names. Some rays look almost exactly alike yet they are different kinds yet the same kind can be complete opposites. I know several, but when it gets into the more complex fish I get mixed around. It doesn't help that I have been told by a few people a few different things. I look up ss Motoro I see this ray, I look up star Motoro I see this ray and a lot of marbles.

Were is the line? What makes a marble a marble, a ss a ss, a star a star?

Silent Bob

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2011
Plainfield, IL
I research all fish I am going to get before I get them. I just have a hard time figuring out what is what when it comes to names. Some rays look almost exactly alike yet they are different kinds yet the same kind can be complete opposites. I know several, but when it gets into the more complex fish I get mixed around. It doesn't help that I have been told by a few people a few different things. I look up ss Motoro I see this ray, I look up star Motoro I see this ray and a lot of marbles.

Were is the line? What makes a marble a marble, a ss a ss, a star a star?

Again the thing you have to remember is the fact that they are generations ahead. Even knowing the bloodlines really doesnt help. You need to know what bloodline was bred with what. Also take into consideration the fact they it isnt always pure blood mixed with another pure blood. These rays can have parents that have percentages of several different bloodlines. So that leads us back to my second sentence. Just know that it is a Star Motoro and not a super spot.

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
And this is why I don't want Mutts... dilute the wild pure lines more... pretty soon nothing in captivity will be the original species and they will all be "dogs" slap all the fancy names they want.. it's still a hybrid/mutt Flower horn, Red Parrot... ect... Interesting read though Guys.. and probably more then the OP hoped for lol. I'm gonna get me a fancy designer mutt stingray bag.

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
Again the thing you have to remember is the fact that they are generations ahead. Even knowing the bloodlines really doesnt help. You need to know what bloodline was bred with what. Also take into consideration the fact they it isnt always pure blood mixed with another pure blood. These rays can have parents that have percentages of several different bloodlines. So that leads us back to my second sentence. Just know that it is a Star Motoro and not a super spot.

I don't care how to make it. I just want to know what is in it. They are generations ahead of us in breeding but that doesn't mean we can't start.

I have decided I am getting that ray. At first I wasn't sure on it but it has grown on me. I think it could make some nice looking hybrids. It is a female to boot.

Hypothetically you didn't know were the ray came from. Say it was wild caught like this what would it be classified as? A ss? A marble? I mean since we know the origin of this ray we know what it was. What about rays that come in like this that get the WC label tossed on them because someone wants to call it that? I have seen it done many times.

I have gotten farmed fish sold them as farmed fish. That person sells them as wilds trying to get more money. They got the money for them. Now I have seen fish from the same pair of fish for sale as f1. That makes a huge difference to some people. Myself included. For breeding I like wild. I take others, but I do want wild genes in the mix to have better genes. Not that wilds can't be hybrids also but you know what I mean. The people that get those fish thinking they are f1 and they are fxx or some other distant number.

That goes back to the question of were is the line?

Silent Bob

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2011
Plainfield, IL
And this is why I don't want Mutts... dilute the wild pure lines more... pretty soon nothing in captivity will be the original species and they will all be "dogs" slap all the fancy names they want.. it's still a hybrid/mutt Flower horn, Red Parrot... ect... Interesting read though Guys.. and probably more then the OP hoped for lol. I'm gonna get me a fancy designer mutt stingray bag.
Could care less if it is a mutt. Half of my rescued cats, dogs and fish are mutts. I treat them no differently then any pure bred out there. I love these discussions in the ray forum. There is always one person that just cant seem to keep comments to themselves.

Silent Bob

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2011
Plainfield, IL
I don't care how to make it. I just want to know what is in it. They are generations ahead of us in breeding but that doesn't mean we can't start.

I have decided I am getting that ray. At first I wasn't sure on it but it has grown on me. I think it could make some nice looking hybrids. It is a female to boot.

Hypothetically you didn't know were the ray came from. Say it was wild caught like this what would it be classified as? A ss? A marble? I mean since we know the origin of this ray we know what it was. What about rays that come in like this that get the WC label tossed on them because someone wants to call it that? I have seen it done many times.

I have gotten farmed fish sold them as farmed fish. That person sells them as wilds trying to get more money. They got the money for them. Now I have seen fish from the same pair of fish for sale as f1. That makes a huge difference to some people. Myself included. For breeding I like wild. I take others, but I do want wild genes in the mix to have better genes. Not that wilds can't be hybrids also but you know what I mean. The people that get those fish thinking they are f1 and they are fxx or some other distant number.

That goes back to the question of were is the line?

Hypothetically if this ray came in as a WC I would label it as a super spot motoro. There is only one WC ray on MFK that I have seen recently that closely resembles a star motoro. I cant remember how to spell his name but Snake8myelbow has that WC super spot ECZS on aquabid was selling.

To get back to the point of the OP's thread about prices there is a prime example. 400 for the WC super spot versus 800 for the CB star you had that ray listed for. Yes they are 2 different rays but had nobody said anything that would not be known and she would be labeled a super spot which she is not.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
I used to feel the same about mutts as you call them but my opinion has now changed as the market demands a great look ray no matter what it is

You get ugly looking rays even if they are pure blood or hybrid

As long as a hybrid has all black ray genes it don't care what it is as long as it looks nice

I'm not a lover of black and brown ray hybrids
But that's just my taste

A motoro with and black ray genes will double in price compared to a pure blood motoro pup

As for flash names added by Asian farms they have been doing it for years with Asian Arowana and flowerhorns so its nothing new

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store