General Stingray Price List

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
I still spend way more on my rays then i will ever make back. Food, electric, water, not to mention Always updating pumps, filters, air pumps, etc.

If the leo market ever goes below 800 ea i will be down grading to one tank. The only way i can house 6 adult rays is by recouping some food money by selling the pups.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
That just proves my point of the average ray keeper that is not in it for numbers can't run them dirt cheap. Your rays are not producing high numbers. They are the quality just not high numbers. There for it isn't possible for you to do what I am referencing. For the most part your pups all have great patterns so it makes up for it.

There would still be a price range for patterns to an extent. I am saying that rays as a whole need a pricing revamp. Most rays get over priced due to the name. Most rays from over seas get the names added to increase value. If we produce known blood true rays and hybrids for less the market of the unknown or miss labeled will come down also.

The market is were it is right now. Unless the economy takes a big upturn they will continue to drop. What I am saying will also help to stabilize the market as well as make them more affordable for other hobbiests.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
I to hate the flash names added to kick up the prices

I don't think prices will come down much

I was buying Leo for £125 15 years ago even before any bans from brazil
That was just a normal wild caught Leo with all the wild caught risks

Breeding has never been my main goal its just a added bonus that just goes to pay the tank running costs

Many people have tried to breed stingrays on a big scale outside of Asia but failed frank and Nico mike to name a few
They didn't fail they just found the running costs to high to make good money out of breeding
The guys in Asia have very low running costs so they can make it more profitable

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
Please do tell...what nicknames?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
For example if a ray has Leo of any kind in it it automatically gets labeled ad "bd". Also if it has Motoro it gets labled "marble" even if it doesn't. Just to get the extra costs for it. There are more but that is the more common.

Silent Bob

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Asian farms. Then they get passed on to any sellers.

Thats interesting as most of the names seem to come out of this country. The majority of the farms and breeders from Thailand and Tawain dont use half the names we do. Spend some time on their forums and you will see what I mean.

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
Thats interesting as most of the names seem to come out of this country. The majority of the farms and breeders from Thailand and Tawain dont use half the names we do. Spend some time on their forums and you will see what I mean.

Well when you take out the reg versions of what they are then you get only half of the names...lol every time I see an Asian farm ray it always has a fancy name. Never have I seen a Leo not labeled as bd coming from over there. They might not use the names among themselves but once they are headed over here the names pop up.

I k ow a lot of people will change things to get more money. I know what I was told were ss motoros turned out to be high spot motoros. Yet a hybrid ray that was imported is actually a ss Motoro. It gets confusing. It could even be coming from the importers and they blame it on the farms.

Silent Bob

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Well when you take out the reg versions of what they are then you get only half of the names...lol every time I see an Asian farm ray it always has a fancy name. Never have I seen a Leo not labeled as bd coming from over there. They might not use the names among themselves but once they are headed over here the names pop up.

I k ow a lot of people will change things to get more money. I know what I was told were ss motoros turned out to be high spot motoros. Yet a hybrid ray that was imported is actually a ss Motoro. It gets confusing. It could even be coming from the importers and they blame it on the farms.

Facebook farms don't count. Like I said do some research and spend some time on their forums and talk to some of the other farms and breeders out their.
uploadfromtaptalk1373078069222.jpg
If this is the ray you have been told is a SS MOTORO that is wrong. Here yes maybe some people will think that but if that ray came from who I think it did that is actually what they call a Star Motoro. It is a true hybrid that does have motoro blood in it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store