Getting my Black Arowana this week yahhhhh

m_class2g

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver, Canada
JayP. Enjoy the Black Arowana! Good to know that you are the first one in Halifax to have one!

Everyone on MFK loves to have a debate regarding water specs. Keep it simple. Clean / stable ph and that is all you need. The more people try to mess with water, the harder it is for the fish.

As far as why is he so white. Well it is because of the floating crate that he is kept in. He will darken once you let him out.

I keep smaller/more skittish/shy fish in floating baskets until they are larger because it is much easier to feed them. Those that are keeping baby arowanas in too big or too deep of a tank won't eat as well. Just form my personal experience raising countless aros. =)

m_class2g

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver, Canada
freeze dried blood worms don't sink quickly, some never sink. Buy a high quality brand such as hikari, which are vitamin enriched and the are just as nutritious as pellets.

The FDBWs are a first food, work well to get baby aros(2.5) eating, within a month they should be on pellets as a staple. Once eating pellets regularly, then expand the diet.
On the dot. Feed them what they are eating already upon import. After a week or two, switch them to pellets.

JayP

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2012
Nova Scotia Canada
Thank Mike always good to here comforting words from an experience guy ;) Thanks again for the Black Aro and YES IT FEELS GOOD TO SAY I AM THE ONLY ONE AROUND HERE WHERE I LIVE WITH ONE ;););)

m_class2g

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver, Canada
Thank Mike always good to here comforting words from an experience guy ;) Thanks again for the Black Aro and YES IT FEELS GOOD TO SAY I AM THE ONLY ONE AROUND HERE WHERE I LIVE WITH ONE ;););)
=)

3ajp3

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2013
India
I feed them centipedes is that a good thing? I just can't throw guppies into that hell gate :(

JayP

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2012
Nova Scotia Canada
[video=youtube_share;2rGb6tcNNT0]http://youtu.be/2rGb6tcNNT0[/video]

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
How long are you planning on keeping it in the basket?

Really? Looks rather stressed to me.
Ya it does look extremely stressed out. It looks good considering it got ship from one side of the country to the other.

JayP, put it in the tank ASAP. Baby aros are actually pretty "hardy" so you don't really need the basket and that stuff.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store