Glasscages = Rude

NOLAGT

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2007
Louisiana
Deepsouth;2837713; said:
What is the service going to be like after they have my money?
The same lol.

I have ordered from them 2 times...both times have gone fine...but I just got standard tanks, a RR 240 being the receint one. I have heard/read about all the issues...but they still get a lot of business because of the price...if you can take the attitude you can save some money I guess.

LowCel

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2006
Charleston, WV
Deepsouth;2837697; said:
Do you road bike? Not talking about the motorcycle, but bicycle.
Yes, I'm a cat 3 roadie. However right now I am recovering from knee surgery so this season is over for me. Since I won't be racing any this season I plan on selling my Zipp 404 tubies. I might sell one of my Fuji SL1's as well.

12 Volt Man

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 24, 2007
canada
if you do a seach on some of the other forums, there are quite a few bad experiences out there with broken tanks, scratches brand new off the truck etc and the service after they get your money is non existant.

it seems like their philosophy is 'we are cheap, you get what you pay for"

I would never buy from them. quality is not something to sacrifice when dealing with huge volumes of water.

everyone says their silicone is 'sloppy' and their trim not so nice.

if I am setting up a monster 'dream tank' I want it to be of excellent quality.

I went with Aqueon (aka Allglass) custom built with black silicone for my latest big tank (150g) and it is awesome. thick glass, thick even silicone, nice trim. was very happy.

NOLAGT

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2007
Louisiana
12 Volt Man;2837931; said:
if you do a seach on some of the other forums, there are quite a few bad experiences out there with broken tanks, scratches brand new off the truck etc and the service after they get your money is non existant.

it seems like their philosophy is 'we are cheap, you get what you pay for"

I would never buy from them. quality is not something to sacrifice when dealing with huge volumes of water.

everyone says their silicone is 'sloppy' and their trim not so nice.

if I am setting up a monster 'dream tank' I want it to be of excellent quality.

I went with Aqueon (aka Allglass) custom built with black silicone for my latest big tank (150g) and it is awesome. thick glass, thick even silicone, nice trim. was very happy.
With the scratch glass and things like that...you do have a chance to go over the tank before you take it for those kinds of things. The first time I didn't really look...too excited about a new tank...but when I looked a few days later I saw a little chip. Now I cant tell or prove that it was there before or I did it taking it home on a flat bead truck. The 240 I got I looked over every inch before i took it...and the glass is perfect. Yeah the silicon could be better in a spot or two...but you only see it if the tanks empty and your looking in it. Mine will go on a stand and have a canopy so once its all said and done...it will look like any other tank. Just my experences so far.....

Think about it from there end (I still think they dont need to be rude about it) but you own a tank building Company...and you deal with lots of people some normial and honest...and some crazy and liars. You get a call about a scratch on a tank after the buyer had time to look at it before. Now the tank has been out of your hands and then someone calls about a scratch. What if they did it during the move and there trying to make you pay for it. You dont make money that way. Again im not saying they are doing a good customer servace job how they act...but look at it from there end too.

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
I agree I called them asking about a tank in the 2000dollar range and it was a really blunt not business like attitude I received. Not only that the guy asked me if I knew what I wanted and I replied I am still in the process of checking out other companies. He hung up on me.... Wont be calling them again.

Deepsouth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2008
Montgomery, Alabama
LowCel;2837772; said:
Yes, I'm a cat 3 roadie. However right now I am recovering from knee surgery so this season is over for me. Since I won't be racing any this season I plan on selling my Zipp 404 tubies. I might sell one of my Fuji SL1's as well.
Thats cool. I ride a motobecane, so you know I'm cheap..lol Hey it has Shimano 105 components though.

Deepsouth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2008
Montgomery, Alabama
tcarswell;2838040; said:
I agree I called them asking about a tank in the 2000dollar range and it was a really blunt not business like attitude I received. Not only that the guy asked me if I knew what I wanted and I replied I am still in the process of checking out other companies. He hung up on me.... Wont be calling them again.
This is the same exact treatment that I received from them, but damn their prices are pretty good...lol I'm leaning more and more toward the 220. The 300 or a 240 would have been much better, since they were 8', but oh well. This one is close as well, so i can drive around an hour to pick it up.

dmopar74

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2006
Tri cities washington
Deepsouth;2838065; said:
This is the same exact treatment that I received from them, but damn their prices are pretty good...lol
so does that mean next time i give away a free fish i can punch the person in the face? there's no excuse for rudeness, esp when your taking someones money.

cudatim68

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2008
Upstate New York
For that price range it might be better to do a DIY tank.

12 Volt Man

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 24, 2007
canada
if you are going to get a 220 anyway get an Aqueon 220 (they call it a 210 but its a 220 - 72x24x29.5 tall)

my 150 like I said is excellent. here are some pics before it was setup:

the glass is very thick and the silicone is very thick and even - flawless.

the cross braces are beefy too - not flimsy like the perfecto ones.

I was really really pleased with the build quality.

you can get your LFS to order a 210 in and you save on shipping.

IMG_0030.JPG

IMG_0025.JPG

IMG_0032.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store