Glasscages = Rude

Deepsouth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2008
Montgomery, Alabama
Whats going on the bottom of that stand? Was that stand made locally?

armac

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2005
South Texas
They may get 100 calls a day from little kids, just like we got here on this board, that want to TALK tanks. They are in the selling business not the talking. It may not do their reputation any good but as long as the sales keep rolling in, what are they losing?

Anybody ever sold cars? You get 40 guys under 18 looking at a corvette, you get tired of showing every one of them all the bells and whistles, all of a sudden you start passing on those customers. You give them to the new guy, he walks out and sells a car to some kid that just received a payout on huge lawsuit and he makes 2 grand. You cannot win them all.

You always hear negatives about Glasscages, and you notice they do not try to come on any of the boards and sell their tanks, and no advertising, why not? Because they do not need to, they are selling their wares.

All this publicity they get may be negative, but you may get a guy that has never heard of them and he goes and calls them, they are courteous enough for him, so he buys. He heard about them on a negative thread, but he still remembered the name. No such thing as bad publicity.

Deepsouth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2008
Montgomery, Alabama
I'm was thinking the same thing that you mentioned, but then I wonder why the tenecor folks are so much more friendly? And if they are so good, why do they only give a 90 day waranty?

NOLAGT

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2007
Louisiana
reverse;2838159; said:
They may get 100 calls a day from little kids, just like we got here on this board, that want to TALK tanks. They are in the selling business not the talking. It may not do their reputation any good but as long as the sales keep rolling in, what are they losing?

Anybody ever sold cars? You get 40 guys under 18 looking at a corvette, you get tired of showing every one of them all the bells and whistles, all of a sudden you start passing on those customers. You give them to the new guy, he walks out and sells a car to some kid that just received a payout on huge lawsuit and he makes 2 grand. You cannot win them all.

You always hear negatives about Glasscages, and you notice they do not try to come on any of the boards and sell their tanks, and no advertising, why not? Because they do not need to, they are selling their wares.

All this publicity they get may be negative, but you may get a guy that has never heard of them and he goes and calls them, they are courteous enough for him, so he buys. He heard about them on a negative thread, but he still remembered the name. No such thing as bad publicity.
Well said....and that pic is sweet!!!

I think if you call and know exactly what you want and just ask for a quote if its not listed or just place an order it should all go fine. If the tank is listed you can pretty much fig out how much it will cost.

How much was that 220?

Deepsouth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2008
Montgomery, Alabama
NOLAGT;2838191; said:
Well said....and that pic is sweet!!!

I think if you call and know exactly what you want and just ask for a quote if its not listed or just place an order it should all go fine. If the tank is listed you can pretty much fig out how much it will cost.

How much was that 220?
Yeah I didn't do that when calling them. I actually asked the weight of the 300 and 240 gallon, so maybe that got irritated by that, but either way come on. lol.. The 220 was $1015 for just the aquarium and the stand. I wouldn't need it to be delivered, so no delivery fee. Perfecto is the manufacturer.

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
12 Volt Man;2838113; said:
if you are going to get a 220 anyway get an Aqueon 220 (they call it a 210 but its a 220 - 72x24x29.5 tall)

my 150 like I said is excellent. here are some pics before it was setup:

the glass is very thick and the silicone is very thick and even - flawless.

the cross braces are beefy too - not flimsy like the perfecto ones.

I was really really pleased with the build quality.

you can get your LFS to order a 210 in and you save on shipping.
Damn that looks clean . And prices take a back seat to service no matter my budget on any project. Integrity matters and you get to see a sneak peek at a companies integrity by their attitude especially to phone questioning clients.

LowCel

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2006
Charleston, WV
That is the tank that I have now. It's a great tank and I have been very happy with it for the past couple of years.

12 Volt Man;2838113; said:
if you are going to get a 220 anyway get an Aqueon 220 (they call it a 210 but its a 220 - 72x24x29.5 tall)

my 150 like I said is excellent. here are some pics before it was setup:

the glass is very thick and the silicone is very thick and even - flawless.

the cross braces are beefy too - not flimsy like the perfecto ones.

I was really really pleased with the build quality.

you can get your LFS to order a 210 in and you save on shipping.

NOLAGT

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2007
Louisiana

12 Volt Man

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 24, 2007
canada
Deepsouth;2838141; said:
Whats going on the bottom of that stand? Was that stand made locally?
right now there are two rena XP3's and a powerbar under there :)

yes the stand was made locally. 1.5" steel tubing. all the LFS's in my area carry them. they say they handle weight better than the prefab wooden ones, so I went that route..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store