Good quality bp vs bad quality bp...

crush329

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2008
MO
The issue is the uneducated fish keepers who keep buying them. Or maybe the kids. They go in and see all these fruity colored fish and want one of every color so they buy them.

Or they see these little heart shaped fishies and immediately want one because its shaped like so.
But they probably think the fish are naturally like this.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Yeah that sucks... As long as there is a demand, they will provide the supply.

www.youtube.com/crushalot329

Brazzen1

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2013
Chickasaw Nation
The issue is the uneducated fish keepers who keep buying them. Or maybe the kids. They go in and see all these fruity colored fish and want one of every color so they buy them.

Or they see these little heart shaped fishies and immediately want one because its shaped like so.
But they probably think the fish are naturally like this.

Sad but too true.

lilpendragon

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2012
South Florida
I have a big male thats the color of a red mammon but parrot shaped with the open mouth. Not dyed, I've had him for 3-4 years now. Not sure what the deal is with him. You can see his color compared to a normal orange parrot at the bottom on this picture.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1394683261.948623.jpg

lilpendragon

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2012
South Florida
I've noticed the ones with pointed/closing mouths without the notch tend to be more bullies to other fish, whereas the more goofy looking ones tend to just bounce around the tank without really bothering anyone other than the occasional shove...which is why I prefer the low quality parroty looking ones from pet stores.

mahsfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 19, 2012
Calgary, AB
I've noticed the ones with pointed/closing mouths without the notch tend to be more bullies to other fish, whereas the more goofy looking ones tend to just bounce around the tank without really bothering anyone other than the occasional shove...which is why I prefer the low quality parroty looking ones from pet stores.

I have two blood parrots. Male one doesn't have a notch and more pointed mouth. And he does bully the female a little bit. The female has triangle mouth and a larger notch than male.

So I would say you are true on this IME

crush329

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2008
MO
I have a big male thats the color of a red mammon but parrot shaped with the open mouth. Not dyed, I've had him for 3-4 years now. Not sure what the deal is with him. You can see his color compared to a normal orange parrot at the bottom on this picture.

Nice looking bp... are you sure it's a male?

I have two blood parrots. Male one doesn't have a notch and more pointed mouth. And he does bully the female a little bit. The female has triangle mouth and a larger notch than male.

So I would say you are true on this IME

This is for both posts. It doesn't matter what type of mouth a dominant bp has on it... it will get its point across regardless! Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

skooby

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2012
salem OR

Very true actually lol same with both my females haha!!! uploadfromtaptalk1401575233650.jpguploadfromtaptalk1401575249722.jpg

Sent from my HTCONE using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Brazzen1

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2013
Chickasaw Nation
Could they live with large angels, meaning would they be able to handle themselves with an oscar or would they be better with angels. I'm setting up 2 SA tanks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store