Have you ever noticed your fish seem twice the size when they are out of the water?

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
You guys all need to put the fish back into the tank and put the beer away lol

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
You guys all need to put the fish back into the tank and put the beer away lol
LOL,I have noticed this with a few of my fish.Great thread idea by the way.I don't recall one like it coming up before.

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
I was surprised how much bigger one fish was out of water than he appeared in the tank.
and that is why Bubba ended up in my freezer, should anybody ask What just fell out on top of their foot.

LOL,I have noticed this with a few of my fish.Great thread idea by the way.I don't recall one like it coming up before.
Hey, i'm an original. wait, i think someone said that before.

I was surprised how much bigger one fish was out of water than he appeared in the tank.
and that is why Bubba ended up in my freezer, should anybody ask What just fell out on top of their foot.
lol, what?

ChrisP75

Exodon
MFK Member
May 26, 2013
Sacramento
I had a Danio jump out the other night and it was a lot bigger then I thought it was. I can't imagine how big my Syn really is out of the tank, based upon the Danios difference

Sent from my HTC One X using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

I remember having a 13 inch midas. When i took it out of the water I was in awe. The thickness is something I would have never guessed while he was in the tank.

Perhaps the glass and water minimizes the perception of depth or thickness of the animal.

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
lol, what?
Lol. don't worry, he's in a zip loc bag. Bubba was my husbands favorite fish & died while he was out of town. I wanted him to appreciate the Full impact of his size Out of the 180G tank.
well Bubba's still in there, and what can I say....... things fall out the freezer sometimes when we're rummaging around.
My 19 yr old grand daughter laughs so hard at me.
but he is WAY bigger than he appeared! it's true.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store