Have you ever noticed your fish seem twice the size when they are out of the water?

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
Lol. don't worry, he's in a zip loc bag. Bubba was my husbands favorite fish & died while he was out of town. I wanted him to appreciate the Full impact of his size Out of the 180G tank.
well Bubba's still in there, and what can I say....... things fall out the freezer sometimes when we're rummaging around.
My 19 yr old grand daughter laughs so hard at me.
but he is WAY bigger than he appeared! it's true.
Now I don't feel bad for forgetting about a 10" bp in my beer fridges freezer for 3 years.

Oscar Mike

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2010
CA
I was actually just thinking about this topic yesterday. I had to net a few juvie RTMs while putting their tank on a new stand and couldn't believe how much bigger they looked out of the water. I even said "damn bro you're getting pretty big" out loud to the male in my avatar pic lol

Adamrhh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2010
Ohio
www.theratpub.com
When I took out my clown knife, I thought he was always large but when he was out of water he barely fit in both my hands :O

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
Ohh yeah I've noticed this too, not so much with length then thickness, when moving my red wolf fish not too long ago I didn't even realize it had totally outgrown my largest net! (Also the largest net at the LFS)

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

LukeOscar

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
ontario
Lol. don't worry, he's in a zip loc bag. Bubba was my husbands favorite fish & died while he was out of town. I wanted him to appreciate the Full impact of his size Out of the 180G tank.
well Bubba's still in there, and what can I say....... things fall out the freezer sometimes when we're rummaging around.
Hahaha this made me laugh out loud. All alone.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Squirtle919

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
Within Earth
lol rob, good stuff haha.

I did this with my RTC figure she was around 40-50 cm then my mate pointed out she was touching tip to end of the tank (70cm) out of water she was 72cm :eek:.

As for freezers my mate has kept his RTG in his for 6 years :\ kinda shatters his heart and wallet xD

Ah, I see.. I have done this too. I was too sad to dispose of the body. :)

Sallimsayin

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2012
USA
Yep. Even my littlest fish isn't so little when he's out of the water. My biggest just had a growth spurt, I'm interested to see how he looks now, if he looks this big in the water. They are only moved when being transferred to a bigger tank, so it'll be a while.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store