Help To Bring Asian Aros Back To The US...

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
If anyone could do it, you are it oddball. Good luck!

wizzin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2006
East of Pittsburgh
If you have any issues with verification emails, check your spam folder, and if you just never get one, even in spam, email info@savethearowana.com and I'll enable your account manually. All accounts are active as of today a.m.

A little word of encouragement here. I hear a lot of people say negative things about the USFWS. I hear over and over how they "don't care". I doubt most of the people saying this have ever talked to any of the high level officials in the USFWS. I personally have, and the truth is they do care. The issue is their work load. You have to realize that they deal with domestic issues, permitting, constant questions from the public (of which, personal/pet inquiries rank 2nd to hunting permits). The USFWS is supportive of an aro import program IF there is a benefit to the conservation of the species as a whole. No more negative comments about the USFWS please! They are contingent on everything!

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
Oddball;842632; said:
Location for farming these aros wouldn't pose any large problems. There are several indoor hatcheries available in the US market that are closed due to loss of gov't funding. My little 8000 sq/ft indoor hatchery could house several breeding pairs and a sufficient number of grow-out ponds.
oh i hope so .. it would be just perfect... hope and pray!!!:D

me_wee_todded

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2006
Permian Basin
www.myspace.com
yay
by the time im 40 maybe they will be legal to own

cichlaguapote

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2006
Pripyat, Ukraine
I joined.. don't know if it's just going to take phone calls to bring them back or maybe a petition showing who'd be interested in one with paying a permit fee? IDK, but good luck.

---XR---

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pa
i'm in

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store