Help with sick Flowerhorn

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
Any update in the Thai Silk? Has he started eating?

Color is hard to tell from the pics, especially since it looks like the original pic looks to be in the sellers tank. So, lighting differences make it hard to tell but it looks like the Thai is now darker in body color. The eyes besides being sunken also look duller. The deflated nuchal hump and the much smaller stomach also are huge differences. As for temperament you mentioned he's not eating which is also a huge difference as well as you said he's swimming with his head tilted down.

Reactions: anzo1993

anzo1993

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2016
Canada
Any update in the Thai Silk? Has he started eating?

Color is hard to tell from the pics, especially since it looks like the original pic looks to be in the sellers tank. So, lighting differences make it hard to tell but it looks like the Thai is now darker in body color. The eyes besides being sunken also look duller. The deflated nuchal hump and the much smaller stomach also are huge differences. As for temperament you mentioned he's not eating which is also a huge difference as well as you said he's swimming with his head tilted down.
He’s started eating again but still no improvement on the hump, his eyes are still sunken but seems to be abit more active, the tilting is constant but at least once a day I’ll see him tilted at some point

Reactions: RD.

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
That's great, eating is a huge improvement. The tilting gives me concern but hopefully he's on the mend. I'd suggest presoaking pellets before feeding and feeding sparingly. A water nuchal hump is very much tied to the fish's comfort and feeling of confidence so it might take a while to get back. The sunken eyes should improve as he feels better and gets stronger.

anzo1993

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2016
Canada
That's great, eating is a huge improvement. The tilting gives me concern but hopefully he's on the mend. I'd suggest presoaking pellets before feeding and feeding sparingly. A water nuchal hump is very much tied to the fish's comfort and feeling of confidence so it might take a while to get back. The sunken eyes should improve as he feels better and gets stronger.
Thank you for the advice I’m gonna soak some pellets today and try and feed every second day and see how it goes

Reactions: RD. and koltsixx
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store