They do they will deff fatten up real good soon tho

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

johno27

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2006
Eastpointe MI
They have some great potential for sure

Did you know they where that skinny? Not trying to step on any toes but I would be livid if I opened up a box to that and wasn't expecting it.

Look forward to some updates once they settle in and put some weight on :)

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
OUCH! Wouldn't have even touched those with a 10 foot pole. Dents in their head and bones sticking out! They haven't ate anything for a long time! With all the rays circulating around there is no reason to buy rays in that bad of shape.

Goodluck with those ones!

aquaman45

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2009
England
What i see here are a group of rays that have been sitting in a holding station in Brasil in poor conditions for many weeks even months without proper care and certainly little or "no" food.Then they have been shipped in this emmaciated state which to me is horrifying!! To make things worse they have then been quickly moved on to you from the supplier. All new imports need a few weeks to settle and become established in captivity before been sold. I don't know the guy you bought them off, he is probably a very nice fella but I have to say he's slipped up moving such fish like that onto a customer!
Unfair to the rays and unfair to you!
Such fish require close observation,many will feed which is always a good start for any ray keeper but there is every chance such weak specimens could be suffering with internal parasites, this will soon be evident if they fail to gain weight, think some Prazi will be needed at some stage.
I hope you don't experience any problems along the way...I really do.
Best of look with them!

PeteLockwood

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2009
Westfield NJ
Ugh. Be very careful and resist the urge to power feed them immediately, slowly ramp it up over a few days, it would not surprise me if these rays will have issues digesting large amounts of food initially, which could lead to trouble if you let them go crazy.

They can be recovered from this state but it takes time and once they're eating I'd be feeding little and very often - I received a ray last year in this state, I fed literally every 3 hours day and night for weeks and she finally turned around.

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
If those are the same rays as the for sale ad then they sure have been starved and went down hill, cause the ones in the sale ad are much healthier and not emaciated.
GL, heed Aquamans and Petes advice. Keep stress to a minimal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store