Here we go again... New tank new journey...

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Kittiee Katt Kittiee Katt thanks for the compliment, but yeah im also really bad with scientific names as well as common names at times so decided labelling the plants would help...

I also did it mainly coz if this tank works out i hope to try and entering it into the ADA aquascaping contest just to see how well i fair against a proffesional international crowd :)

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Some pics of the tenants inside the tank...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Reactions: convict360

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
I think you'll need whiter lights if you want the pics to come out nicer, just a thought for down the road. I can't wait to everything filled out. Did you have any thoughts on fish? I think you could make it work without them, if you were so inclined. I was going to suggest throwing like 70 ottos in there but they might not be the most photo friendly.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
TBH, the tank normally looks very white, but for some reason that day the shot on my camera came out looking really yellow, maybe coz i just added ferts to the tank right before the shot???

Anyway, as you can see from the pics of the shrimp above, lighting is pretty white since those were all taken with just my phone (no flash)

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
I assumed you were using a nice camera and the lights were throwing it off. You need a good cam then, or a friend with one ;)

Reactions: Fat Homer

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Woefulrelic Woefulrelic dont worry, i have a decent camera ready ;)

just been too lazy to pull it out for shooting the tank right now, since its still far from how i envison it will look ;)

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
Understandable. You'll have to pick up 70 ottos before then so you probably have some time.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
^ Lol, still debating on whether or not to add any fish to the tank (ottos included) since chances are they will eat at least some of the young shrimp, so even if i were to, most likey would be after i start building up a strong CRS colony

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Havent updated this thread in a while, so thought i would share some pics of the plants progression so far... As you can tell, some plants are thriving, others bouncing back and others still waiting to see what happens...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Added bonus shot of my low tech 10G housing some of the shrimp that dont make the cut before being selected to move up or down thw food chain...
image.jpeg

Reactions: convict360

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Havent updated this thread in a while, so thought i would share some pics of the plants progression so far... As you can tell, some plants are thriving, others bouncing back and others still waiting to see what happens...

View attachment 1167845

View attachment 1167846

View attachment 1167847

View attachment 1167848

View attachment 1167849

Added bonus shot of my low tech 10G housing some of the shrimp that dont make the cut before being selected to move up or down thw food chain...
View attachment 1167850
who do the unlucky ones get fed to?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store