Here we go again... New tank new journey...

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Homer, is this tank a Do!Aqua? cheers
Hey Convict, i originally was planning on going with a DoAqua brand of aquarium (since they are cheaper and made by ADA), but unfortunately or fortunately depending how you look at it, they don't seem to stock DoAqua tanks over here any more and only stocking the other glassware parts from the brand instead...

But to answer your questions, this tank is actually an ADA tank, i think the model was called Cube Garden 90-P if i'm not mistaken...

Reactions: Woefulrelic

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Just a quick update shot of the tank from just now... You cant really tell in the pic but a lot of the plants have melted so lets see how we go...

image.jpeg

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Its looking nice so far, going to be beautiful when the plants fill out. :D

May I ask what those little tabs are with the lables on them? If I were to go to the hardware store and buy them, what would I ask for? And what did you use to write on them? :)

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Its looking nice so far, going to be beautiful when the plants fill out. :D

May I ask what those little tabs are with the lables on them? If I were to go to the hardware store and buy them, what would I ask for? And what did you use to write on them? :)
Not sure what they are called exactly as i found them in what would be the equivalent to your Dollar Store type place under the gardening section...

I guess you could try any type of gardening supplies store and ask them for any small plastic tags that you place in the dirt to label your your veggies or something??? As for what i used to write on them, i just used a fine tip permanent marker :)

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Not sure what they are called exactly as i found them in what would be the equivalent to your Dollar Store type place under the gardening section...

I guess you could try any type of gardening supplies store and ask them for any small plastic tags that you place in the dirt to label your your veggies or something??? As for what i used to write on them, i just used a fine tip permanent marker :)
Sweet. Thanks. Aren't you worried about the marker leaching into the water? Or is that highly unlikely to happen? :)

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Kittiee Katt Kittiee Katt I asked a few stores what they have been using to write on their labels in the tank, and they all said permanent marker as well...

So i figured if they were doing it with no ill effects, maybe i could as well, also, the way i see it, with so much water, any leeching would probably be minimal anyway :)

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Kittiee Katt Kittiee Katt I asked a few stores what they have been using to write on their labels in the tank, and they all said permanent marker as well...

So i figured if they were doing it with no ill effects, maybe i could as well, also, the way i see it, with so much water, any leeching would probably be minimal anyway :)
Thanks heaps for answering my questions, and sorry for derailing your thread, but I have another one if that's okay... There doesn't look to be any fish in the tank yet, will you be leaving the tabs in there after adding fish or taking them out before hand? :)

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Kittiee Katt Kittiee Katt no worries, always happy to answer questions i know answers to ;)

But to answer yout question, actually there are about 10 - 20 S Grade Crytal Red Shrimp inside the tank right now, so if they are okay, fish should be fine too considering how sensitive they can be :)

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Awesome. Thanks heaps. I'm hopefully trading my sister my 120ltr tank for her 80ltr one in the next few months, and am hoping to turn it into my first proper planted tank, but considering my lack of knowledge and memory I'm probably not going to remember the names of the plants without some sort of labeling system, and so far yours seem to be the best I've come across. :)

Reactions: Fat Homer
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store