How are we supposed to make responsible purchases...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dat_tiger

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2008
boston
INCORRECT. Feedbacks may be removed if requested by BOTH SIDES of the transaction. This has occurred due to post-feedback remorse. No one can remove feedback left in their profile.

Note: Feedback threads, left by vendors in their forums, are not part of the site feedback system and may be altered by the vendors running their own forum admin.

i believe petelockwood had a negative feedback for turkeyboy that was removed without a request by BOTH SIDES of the transaction

johno27

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2006
Eastpointe MI
It seems that unless you are dealing with captive bred rays from a few select hobbist you are playing russian roulote. If you havent been burned yet count yourself lucky

I use the feedback system but after what went down with Pete and the number of people who don't it is rather useless

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
What a joke. banning someone on a fish site?? Ive recieved two infractions for abbreviating bad words and i see the same all day on here and even the real bad word....

Like i said better interest's are taken here. The same rules DONT apply to everyone.

#1 S. Vettel

Rotaryp04s

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2011
I thought that wasnt right what the Op did. What you guys thought was going to happen. The thread was going to stay open. You shouldn't post a thread and bad mouth a wholesaler on mfk directly. Just leave negative feedback. Let mfk member ask who, then message them privately. This is what you deal with when you keep rays nothing new. You win some you loss some. You have to roll with the punches.

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
I thought that wasnt right what the Op did. What you guys thought was going to happen. The thread was going to stay open. You shouldn't post a thread and bad mouth a wholesaler on mfk directly. Just leave negative feedback. Let mfk member ask who, then message them privately. This is what you deal with when you keep rays nothing new. You win some you loss some. You have to roll with the punches.
I don't thinks so, when you PRE PAY for a specifically PRE SELECTED ray you should receive that PRE SELECTED ray. Its one thing when its WC and you have extenuating circumstances as for as shipping, holding facilities etc: as for as condition, you still get the ray/rays you ordered. But through my first hand experience with CB Thailand Orders there is no guarantee that you will receive the PRE SELECTED ray. Once they have your money, you get what they send. They tell you its guaranteed, but once the money goes to the Thailand exporter/breeder then you will never see a dime returned. It is up to the importer to full fill the guarantee. All you can do is hope you kept all documentation and paid with a CC to file a dispute unless the importer full fills his guarantee.
The Thailand exporter/breeders send photos out to multiple importers from various countries. They don't care who gets them, its the importer that pays first and has them shipped first. So if the importer waits for a month or three to have them shipped, then the chances of your PRE PAID/PRE SELECTED ray being available still is very remote.

jstavis

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2009
Madison, WI
"As to why the member was banned, ...it's no one's business. However, he was not banned for posting that thread.

The thread was closed due to the fact that the OP is placed on suspension and cannot respond to the thread.

And, of course, these threads serve little purpose since members with zero business dealings with the seller are apt to post negative feedback for the sole purpose of following the flock.

Use the feedback system to report transaction satisfaction."

With all due respect, the point is that the feedback system doesn't work. The person in question has extremely shady business practices. I've read about them and I've also experienced them. But for whatever reason that doesn't trickle down into feedback.

And I honestly don't understand your claim that, "members with zero business dealings with the seller are apt to post negative feedback for the sole purpose of following the flock." Granted, I don't have the experience you do administering a fish forum, but that doesn't sound all that likely to me. Is there any case where an unquestionably decent vendor has been smeared by crowds jumping on the bandwagon to criticize them? I highly doubt it, but again, you know more than I do.

There's been a few incidents mentioned here where vendors were engaging in clearly unethical and quite possibly illegal business practices. I'm relatively new to the ray world-- been keeping them for a little less than three years-- but I have no idea why anyone would say that this is just part of ray-keeping. Having rays that die on arrival is part of ray keeping. Having rays that don't acclimate well and die quickly is part of ray-keeping. Having a vendor contact you 40 minutes after he's shipped a ray to tell you that it's a male and not the female you ordered is simply unacceptable. Entering into a contract with someone for a specific ray and then delivering another one is unacceptable. And (as happened with me) having a seller blatantly lie to you by saying that it is the first time that a ray has died within hours of arrival and then lying again by claiming that he hasn't been on the site when his log-ins are clearly displayed is absolutely unacceptable. If the feedback system isn't working (and it isn't), then I fail to see why it is problematic for us to be discussing these issues on a forum dedicated to ray-keeping.

Thanks for your time and I'd definitely appreciate any feedback if what I have said is wrong.

Edit: Just to clarify. I read about his business practices AFTER I experienced them. And that's the problem. Had we been able to discuss this openly, I would never have sent him money. Meanwhile, I hear whispered grumblings about other vendors that keep me from buying from them. If I had the details of those incidents, I might realize that it wasn't as big of a deal as it is made out to be. Transparency is good.

Second Edit: Lastly, while I still have your attention-- it would really be nice if there was just a brief note explaining why a given thread is being closed. Without that people are liable to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Mount_Prion

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2012
center of the universe
On the brighter side of things, this thread has inspired me to leave positive feedback on all 3 of the MFK Vendors I've ordered from, who've all been really really wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store