How are we supposed to make responsible purchases...

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott s

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2010
Indiana
Unfortunately these problems will continue until we get several hobbiest that keep and breed different ray species or hybrids. We have some that are honest and very reliable but for the most part many people have to go back to the "shady characters" and cross their fingers because they have the importers license. All I can say to those that are new to rays and looking for one...send PM's to several keepers and dont get in a hurry. We are getting more and more ray keepers here that are breeding.

stunginthebutt

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2012
uk
i just got taken with some so called leo's, i was mailed by a good mate to say another keeper was selling 4 leos 1 boy 3 girls, as he needed the cash

i contacted this lad and he told me he wanted fast cash! and said £200 each well i jumped at it with both feet
i got to his at about 12 midnight after a very long drive, the rays were boxed ready just flipped the lid had a quick look and all seemed fine??

when i got home i drip fed the box for 3 hrs before letting them into the 6x 2 x 2, and went straight to bed, when i got up i looked and thought to myself they looked very mixed in darkness and patterns

i only wanted the pair so placed an add for the 2 spare females!! as leo's

well i got shot down in flames and them came on here and also got told hybrids leo x motoro's
im not into black rays to be fair but wanted just one pair, i knew they would not be black as only 2-3 weeks old

on this forum i got branded as a scammer and con man!!!! for no just reason, i got ripped off, the adds were removed by me and re-done at £125 each as leo x motoros

since this the lad is now adveriseing leo x motoros at £325 each!!! now did this idiot know they were these to start with??? was told cb at first but they were imports from singapore

the best bit was i paid 400 deposit (on the fact i would sell the other 2 girls) and then transfer the remainder 400 once they had sold

they sold in the end but at 100 and 125 , not 200 each (was told to sell at 300+ by him) so they had gone leaving me a pair of £100 rays i paid £400 for gutted!!! he has now insisted i pay the other 400 to him but i feel that i shouldnt after being miss led but i have sent the £25 extra from the sale of the one female

one female has since died!!!!!

if you see these adds they have nothing to do with me (people on here keep saying we are the same person??? live 120miles apart!!) please to not buy any from this lad his name is matt as stated on the adds

he has 2 tanks 1 in his bedroom 4ft and a 5ft marine tank in another room yet hes importing boxes of tigerfish, tigrinus cats and more rays, but on adds says they need to be collected as soon as they are clear from customs and the fish are well over priced

just a heads up

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
I guess you would also hold a newspaper culpable for someone placing an ad for an AKC pup that turns out to be a mutt.
the buyer would check the paperwork before taking the pup

just as people buying asian aros trust the paper work which states rtg banjar red or super red

a news paper has stated the information given by the seller of that pup to be correct if the person then goes to collect the pup and it doesnt have the correct papers then the buyer wont take the pup and be able to report that seller and the seller then wont be able to advertise again

if MFK stick to the same rules then everyone is happy

if a vendor rips someone off that should be it for them like 2 bad feedbacks and they are out this will make vendors think twice about ripping people off if they wish to carry on selling on MFK

THIS MATTER DOESNT AFFECT US uk USERS AS NOT MANY PEOPLE SELL ON mfk FOR US

BUT JUST USE PAYPAL AND GET THE VENDOR TO SEND YOU A INVOICE THAT YOU PAY THEN YOU HAVE A CHANCE OF GETTING YOU MONEY BACK IF THINGS GO WRONG
IF THE VENDOR DOESNT HAVE A PAYPAL ACCOUNT ASK YOURSELF WHY

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
i just got taken with some so called leo's, i was mailed by a good mate to say another keeper was selling 4 leos 1 boy 3 girls, as he needed the cash

i contacted this lad and he told me he wanted fast cash! and said £200 each well i jumped at it with both feet
i got to his at about 12 midnight after a very long drive, the rays were boxed ready just flipped the lid had a quick look and all seemed fine??

when i got home i drip fed the box for 3 hrs before letting them into the 6x 2 x 2, and went straight to bed, when i got up i looked and thought to myself they looked very mixed in darkness and patterns

i only wanted the pair so placed an add for the 2 spare females!! as leo's

well i got shot down in flames and them came on here and also got told hybrids leo x motoro's
im not into black rays to be fair but wanted just one pair, i knew they would not be black as only 2-3 weeks old

on this forum i got branded as a scammer and con man!!!! for no just reason, i got ripped off, the adds were removed by me and re-done at £125 each as leo x motoros

since this the lad is now adveriseing leo x motoros at £325 each!!! now did this idiot know they were these to start with??? was told cb at first but they were imports from singapore

the best bit was i paid 400 deposit (on the fact i would sell the other 2 girls) and then transfer the remainder 400 once they had sold

they sold in the end but at 100 and 125 , not 200 each (was told to sell at 300+ by him) so they had gone leaving me a pair of £100 rays i paid £400 for gutted!!! he has now insisted i pay the other 400 to him but i feel that i shouldnt after being miss led but i have sent the £25 extra from the sale of the one female

one female has since died!!!!!

if you see these adds they have nothing to do with me (people on here keep saying we are the same person??? live 120miles apart!!) please to not buy any from this lad his name is matt as stated on the adds

he has 2 tanks 1 in his bedroom 4ft and a 5ft marine tank in another room yet hes importing boxes of tigerfish, tigrinus cats and more rays, but on adds says they need to be collected as soon as they are clear from customs and the fish are well over priced

just a heads up
If you were unhappy why didnt you return them you knew were the guy lived you picked them up

im sorry no matter how sleepy i was i would look the rays over properly before taking them and paying

if you didnt know much about black rays you shouldnt be buying them

as for the fish all ready in the polybox when you go to pick them up you are good at that trick yourself if i remember rightly

PeteLockwood

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2009
Westfield NJ
BUT JUST USE PAYPAL AND GET THE VENDOR TO SEND YOU A INVOICE THAT YOU PAY THEN YOU HAVE A CHANCE OF GETTING YOU MONEY BACK IF THINGS GO WRONG
Paypal on their own isn't much (if any) backup. Use your credit card via Paypal so if Paypal can't be bothered to do the right thing you can still do a chargeback.

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Paypal on their own isn't much (if any) backup. Use your credit card via Paypal so if Paypal can't be bothered to do the right thing you can still do a chargeback.
Ditto.........

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Most con men ask for money transfer
That's a no no

Not many people can take credit cards but EVERYONE can take PayPal
I can't take credit cards but can take PayPal

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

PeteLockwood

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2009
Westfield NJ
Yes. And you are effectively taking a credit card when someone funds their Paypal payment to you with a credit card.

Never fund Paypal payments directly from your bank - you lose the protection of your credit card and Paypal's protection is limited to whether or not you were sent anything regardless of whether or not what you were sent is what you were told you were purchasing.

rayluc

Candiru
MFK Member
May 25, 2005
mfk
Yes. And you are effectively taking a credit card when someone funds their Paypal payment to you with a credit card.

Never fund Paypal payments directly from your bank - you lose the protection of your credit card and Paypal's protection is limited to whether or not you were sent anything regardless of whether or not what you were sent is what you were told you were purchasing.
the vendor in question doesnt take paypal or credit card. Here is a quote from his policy.

"Payments :

Right now we can only take personal check , money order , or bank transfer .We are currently working on setting up a credit card terminal in house.for customers that prefer CC’s.
Note: { once credit card terminal is setup , we will require a signed credit card purchase agreement to be signed from the buyer and us.This will be kept on hand for 1 yr and will have to be renewed every yr, it will not contain any credit card information only name and address and signature } all credit card info will only be used once and then destroyed.Any purchases over 1,000.00 will also require a verified picture thru email. "

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store