How do u change the water?

packer43064

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2008
Ohio
Since i dont need to let the water sit i guess I'll just use the buckets so i know how much prime to put. Lets say i took out 35 gallons of water should i dose for 35 gallons or more?

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Are you reading what were writing!? Read the back of the Prime bottle.

Sent from my SGH-T839 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

CarvinSigX

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
Illinois
Dose for the entire tank volume and fill back up from tap with a python. 100x faster then with bucket and prime is cheap anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
That depends on your water pressure. I use a pitcher to take my water out. I can do my 15, 44, and 125 in 20 minutes or less.

Sent from my Desire HD using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Tiller11

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2012
Kansas, United States
Why the entire tank?

from what im geyting because it will not "sterilize" your tank but kinda as far as amonia goes.... Thats what im understanding cause I have been doin it ur way basically but I think ima change it up to somethon like this.... Not for the daily 15 but for the weekly

Sent from my SPH-D710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

PDRed302

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2011
Fort Worth Texas
They sell the Aqueon version of the python at chain pet stores. I use one on all my tanks and it works well.

Go pick one up for 50 bucks or so and save some time.

As others have said when doing water changes adjust water temp to tank temp and dose prime for tank volume.

kageh124

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2012
MD, DC Area
I use the python... Or Aqueon's version of it. I have it connected to the sink in my laundry room and it drains out that way. Depending on how much time I have, sometimes I start it up and then turn the faucet off after the water starts draining itself. it takes much longer for the water to be sucked out, but if I figure I can do that while cleaning other things like the filters or scraping algae. It also helps save water :)

Then I use the python to fill the tanks back up, prime and stress coat for the fish and I'm all set. 4 tanks, 125, 75 and 2-55's only take about 30 to 45 min with basic water changes... Deeper cleanings of course take a lot more time.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store