How much are my fish worth?

BCherdingthefish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2012
California, USA
Just be patient and save/wait. I saw four 48" t5 sockets at a garage sale for 5$ each two weekends ago, my friend picked them up and work great. Also watch Craigslist, all sorts of fixtures pop up on there, a lot of the time free. When I was young I had a tank without a light for years and the fish were fine. Don't sell your pets for a non essential piece of equipment, and where there's a will there's a way.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Thanks...But I have been debating selling these guys for quite a while now and have finally decided I'm going to do it. I want to start over and go planted with this tank.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Look into replacing the ballast and redoing the wiring. You could probably get away with a DIY repair for $20-$30.

Post pics of the guts of the light if you can.

BCherdingthefish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2012
California, USA
Seriously, guys. I am just trying to figure out the price of these fish. I don't want to redo the lights, I don't want to buy new bulbs...I want to buy a brand new fixture with lights for going planted. I just want to know how much I should sell these guys for.

Drstrangelove

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Francisco
http://www.target.com/p/gooseneck-clip-lamp-black/-/A-11389711

Lights are nothing. $6 for this one. If you want to sell the fish, are you looking for an excuse? Two of these will carry you for weeks/months until you find a fixture at a garage sale or on sale at an LFS. And once you find a replacement, you can keep these for years for the garage, basement, attic, closet, etc. I have one of these and it still works and it's 10 years old.

BCherdingthefish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2012
California, USA
http://www.target.com/p/gooseneck-clip-lamp-black/-/A-11389711

Lights are nothing. $6 for this one. If you want to sell the fish, are you looking for an excuse? Two of these will carry you for weeks/months until you find a fixture at a garage sale or on sale at an LFS. And once you find a replacement, you can keep these for years for the garage, basement, attic, closet, etc. I have one of these and it still works and it's 10 years old.
I'm not "looking for an excuse", like I said I have been debating selling them for a long time. And, the lights I want for a good planted tank setup are expensive and I do not have the money ATM, that was the final push for me to decide to sell these guys and start over new with this tank.

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
If you want to sell the fish it is hard to give an estimate because we don't know the market you live. Where I live unfortunately you wont get much of anything for them. Its hard to sell fish around here. Also just because they are bigger does not mean they are worth more. Actually the opposite is true most people prefer the babies because they can start with smaller tanks and grow them.

I am guessing $10 a piece for the Geos. Angels are so common maybe $5 a piece. Might get a better price on Geos if you are willing to ship and get on a site specific to geos or a place where there are allot of Geo fans.

You do have a beautiful set up I think that is why you have so many people offering advice for the lights.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store