How much are my fish worth?

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I love planted tank but they can get very expensive very fast depending on how hooked you get. Unless you plan on going with a simple low tech set up that will work with almost any light you might want to wait until money isn't so tight. Unless you use co2 there is no need to spend more than $200 on a light fixtureplain sand is fine. If going co2 expect to spend a grand for co2, light, substrate and plants.
I was actually thinking the same thing, and no offense (since i dont know your true financial situation), but i definitely found out the hard way how expensive planted tanks get in a very short amount of time...

I thought i would start out low tech to save money as well, and within about 3 months i went as high tech as my 60G would allow at the time...

Then i setup a 2nd 50G planted tank, and i can tell you, between lighting, Co2, Chillers, ferts, tank and everything else i was quite surprised how much i spent even though i made sure to spend the least amount for the best i could afford at the time...

Ii think by the time i had everything i needed including stock i had blown over USD $1000 so that might be something to keep in mind when trying to work out how much you may still need after selling your fish...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Lunglover

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2013
Nor Cal
I live in nor cal aswell, the del & angelfish won't bring in much $$ at all. I'd throw the geos on CL asking 30$ each. You'll have have to take the time selling them but eventually you'll find a buyer.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store