How much are my fish worth?

CichlidFiend

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2007
Im guessing you have another stock in mind for your planted so you want to get rid of your current stock? Your geo's might be worth something depending if theyre WC or captive bred. I check prices using 'aquaria classifieds' websites, however i cant tell you which one because i think i would be violating forum rules.

BCherdingthefish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2012
California, USA
Maybe if you post pics of what your stock, maybe then people can estimate what they could go for...
I can't take pictures because there's no light for the tank, my camera sucks and won't work unless the light is very bright. I couldn't even get pictures when the light used to work...that's why I posted a video in the original post - they look the same as they did in the video, just bigger.

BCherdingthefish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2012
California, USA
If you want to sell the fish it is hard to give an estimate because we don't know the market you live. Where I live unfortunately you wont get much of anything for them. Its hard to sell fish around here. Also just because they are bigger does not mean they are worth more. Actually the opposite is true most people prefer the babies because they can start with smaller tanks and grow them.

I am guessing $10 a piece for the Geos. Angels are so common maybe $5 a piece. Might get a better price on Geos if you are willing to ship and get on a site specific to geos or a place where there are allot of Geo fans.

You do have a beautiful set up I think that is why you have so many people offering advice for the lights.
Can big fish like Geo's be shipped? The idea of that scares me, if they were to die in shipping I'd have to refund the money and I would be out quite a bit.

cmsbthebest

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2011
CA
Lol, this thread is kinda funny.

Sorry I have no idea how much they are worth

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
Youll probably get the most for the jurupari, probably like 30-40 id say. Do you know if the delhezi is wild caught or captive bred? That effects bichir pricing greatly, a wild del that size would be like 30-50 bucks but a captive bred would only be like 20 at most. Altogether though, probably like 75-100 id say in value. About the shipping thing, if you put no refunds and make sure you put them in big enough of a bag youd be fine doing it that way.

Another idea could be taking the lot to the LFS and trading them in towards a new light

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ElectricBlueSeanBurch

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Panaque Paradise
Wow this thread is a disaster. First of all hello Adri, haven't seen you around lately. I remember how much you wanted those geo's when you first got them. Funny how fish keeping interests tend to change drastically over time. Realistically your best bet is to sell the fish in groups. Like all the geo's starting at $150 and let people haggle down to your bottom number. Do the angels at $45 and the bichir free with the purchase of the geo's as a kicker. However as stated pricing will vary deepening on region. As far as lighting for a planted tank I would check out aquatraders for their T5 lights. They are fairly cheap and usually ship for free. Also be sure to keep us updated when you go planted. HTH!

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
I love planted tank but they can get very expensive very fast depending on how hooked you get. Unless you plan on going with a simple low tech set up that will work with almost any light you might want to wait until money isn't so tight. Unless you use co2 there is no need to spend more than $200 on a light fixtureplain sand is fine. If going co2 expect to spend a grand for co2, light, substrate and plants.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store