Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2009
North Jersey
Bottomfeeder;3677231; said:
This is going to end well, I can tell. :popcorn:
called it, lol.

:chillpill:

tom- yes, im too lazy to read the whole thread. however, i really dont think there was need to post it in the first place. keeping any fish in an aquarium will give it a life far different than the life it would have lived in the wild. the fish will climb on the glass, that's inevitable. lets say, hypothetically, you have a ray that gets a disk no wider than 5" and gets no longer than 9"-10" TL. and you have it in a tank that is 12' x 12'. it will still climb on the glass, but that doesnt keep it from enjoying life. granted, that was a hyperbole, but you get the idea.

also, remember that if the ray is wild caught and lives alone in a tank, it has 100% less chance of being eaten by a predator or caught / eaten by fishermen .

oh, and,
in before the:lock:

capo larzo

Candiru
MFK Member
May 9, 2009
New York
Why do you keep fish/rays if you feel it's a form of animal cruelty? I don't understand what you are trying to say. Are you implying that fish should not be kept in tanks or are you saying rays need more human interaction to keep them from crawling the sides of the tank. Cut all the crap and just say it simply so we understand the point of this thread.

Gshock

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2009
Toronto
Tom;3677215; said:
Bahahahahahahaahaha!

How am I trying to make anyone feel like crap?

Ignorant asses like you just get **** twisted 24/7. Get a life. Some of you seem to be taking this way to personally. Perhaps you just don't want to accept the idea that your hobby is a form of animal cruelty. I am not trying to get all "PETA" on you, but why is my theory so offensive?

Ps: You should come to my house and see my MASSIVE indoor ray pond.
How am I being ignorant LOL. If im not mistaken, guppies come from the amazon river as well. With your logic, even a public aquarium isnt enough for a single guppy, unless, of course its the size of the amazon river. so I get **** twisted 24/7 and I'm somehow on here posting at the same time? What good logic. How does pointing holes in your theory make me have no life? I still don't see why its animal cruelty. It's not that your theory is offensive, it's more of how you presented it. Either way, your theory doesn't make sense if you were to use some common sense. Your MASSIVE indoor ray pond with all those rays would've probably taught you that your own theory was wrong, but I guess not...
Ps:Is it the size of the amazon river? If not, I'm calling PETA on you for animal cruelty...

Deaths Sting

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2009
Vancouver, Canada
the theories stated are asinine and have 0 data/evidence to back them up.. its obvious the op created this thread to ''fish'' for emotional responses... i don't think there is anything else to say in this thread.

West1

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2007
Tom;3676849; said:
Take a captive breed tiger or bet yet human child and place it in a cage with little stimulation and watch how it bahaves.
I didnt read the whole thread but dont understand how you can put a human and any fish in the same catagory.

Also, can you post a link to one of those threads? Im curious to see what it was about.

Thanks

Iffrat

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 8, 2009
Dallas Texas
West1;3677759; said:
I didnt read the whole thread but dont understand how you can put a human and any fish in the same catagory.

Also, can you post a link to one of those threads? Im curious to see what it was about.

Thanks

the only people who can make that jump are the people who think that fish think the same as us .. and the cerebral cortex means nothing ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store