I need your help! Expert help or otherwise! What do I do with my tank???

To the curb with this tank then :(

I wonder if this whole "black silicone" thing has just revealed faults that were always there in the clear silicone days? Is this a possibility.

Am I over reacting by throwing it out?

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
You are way over reacting for sure. If you don't want to reseal it sell it cheap and inform the buyer. Someone will snatch it up and reseal it and you both will be happy. (As long as your new tank is bigger :))

MilitantPotato

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2006
Missouri, USA
The gap is in the void, not between the panes of glass.
It's structurally safe then. The inner silicone is to protect the seams from damage and has no effect on the strength of the tank. You won't even have a higher risk of leaks since the primary seal serves that purpose. Many high end show aquariums are built without corner seals.

760fishaddict

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2014
yucca valley
If u read the post it said I scraped all the old stuff off applied a new thick coat and then put a coat on top of that just as a safety.

It's structurally safe then. The inner silicone is to protect the seams from damage and has no effect on the strength of the tank. You won't even have a higher risk of leaks since the primary seal serves that purpose. Many high end show aquariums are built without corner seals.
Interesting. Makes sense.

12 Volt Man

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 24, 2007
canada
Let me guess this is an aqueon or aga tank?
Aqueon/AGA seams are usually pretty good.

Marineland/Perfecto tanks seem to have lots of air bubbles from what I've seen.

having said that, this bubble appears trapped and not exposed to water so its likely this won't cause any trouble.

it will probably be that way forever.

did this suddenly appear? or has it always been like this? if so don't worry about it.

if it appeared out of the blue, then the seal has been compromised.

I would send your pics to the tank manufacturer. this sort of defect should be warrantied against.

they should replace your tank.

Aqueon/AGA seams are usually pretty good.

Marineland/Perfecto tanks seem to have lots of air bubbles from what I've seen.

having said that, this bubble appears trapped and not exposed to water so its likely this won't cause any trouble.

it will probably be that way forever.

did this suddenly appear? or has it always been like this? if so don't worry about it.

if it appeared out of the blue, then the seal has been compromised.

I would send your pics to the tank manufacturer. this sort of defect should be warrantied against.

they should replace your tank.
Problem is i don't know if it suddenly appeared...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store