I own a yellow arowana. Or should I say green?

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
Good man! Is the green housed in your 2000L monster? any pics of it? (though I can see a super gorgeous black cruising the top!)
I sold the green a couple of years back. It was raised in a 210g tank, don't have many pics but here's a couple of the more recent ones;

And an older one, can see the red in the fins better here;

Eddie_87

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2013
Malaysia
I sold the green a couple of years back. It was raised in a 210g tank, don't have many pics but here's a couple of the more recent ones;

And an older one, can see the red in the fins better here;
nice fish! beautiful, just beautiful!

nirman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 12, 2012
Sri Lanka
That yellow coloration on the fins will be turned to dark brownish/reddish color and scales will turn into some greeny and silvery... Cool fish as juvenile, But still a nice fish as adult too.. Feed it with some prawn/shrimp

Eddie_87

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2013
Malaysia
That yellow coloration on the fins will be turned to dark brownish/reddish color and scales will turn into some greeny and silvery... Cool fish as juvenile, But still a nice fish as adult too.. Feed it with some prawn/shrimp
Prawn/shrimp will help to bring out the coloration of the scales? If it will, i'll feed them lots!

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Raw prawns has helped my jar colour up no end , you want the blue ones uncooked king tiger prawns , chop them up if there a bit big (eventually he'll be chomping them whole :) )

nirman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 12, 2012
Sri Lanka
Prawn/shrimp will help to bring out the coloration of the scales? If it will, i'll feed them lots!
It will but mostly it'll improve the coloration on fins...
Prawn/Shrimp contains carotine that they got mostly frm algae and that's the thing which improves redness.

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
Thats extremely low! Wherever you seen that you should've got it!
It may be extremely low for Canada, but I think you'd find it isn't unusual in Malaysia for most fish to be considerably cheaper than you or I would pay for them, given that they don't need to be shipped half way round the world from where they are bred. US$250 sounds cheap compared to what I paid for my green, and what I paid would probably sound cheap to an Australian.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store