I own a yellow arowana. Or should I say green?

Runitis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2011
Winnipeg,MB, Canada
It may be extremely low for Canada, but I think you'd find it isn't unusual in Malaysia for most fish to be considerably cheaper than you or I would pay for them, given that they don't need to be shipped half way round the world from where they are bred. US$250 sounds cheap compared to what I paid for my green, and what I paid would probably sound cheap to an Australian.
While that is very true but the OP asked for in Canada... and those are the prices ive seen and that are going for right now in Canada

archers

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2012
canada
About $250

Thats extremely low! Wherever you seen that you should've got it!

Sent from my XT885 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Im kinda kicking myself for not getting him but he was way to small for my tank.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Eddie_87

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2013
Malaysia
It may be extremely low for Canada, but I think you'd find it isn't unusual in Malaysia for most fish to be considerably cheaper than you or I would pay for them, given that they don't need to be shipped half way round the world from where they are bred. US$250 sounds cheap compared to what I paid for my green, and what I paid would probably sound cheap to an Australian.
I would have to agree here with u, David. To the extent that the price I've paid for the fish might be considered quite high (since the price in Canada is only $100). One of Malaysia's famous Bukit Merah Blue is available in our market for around RM1500, which is USD500+-. And its AAA grade! Cheap if compared to anywhere else in the world, i would say~

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
You're right Eddie, I've visited fish shops in Singapore and it made me very jealous! I understand Malaysia is much the same, if not cheaper again.

Eddie_87

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2013
Malaysia
You're right Eddie, I've visited fish shops in Singapore and it made me very jealous! I understand Malaysia is much the same, if not cheaper again.
Cheaper, considering the exchange rate. And the breeding farm in Bukit Merah is producing a very healthy supply of beautiful aros. Still don't understand why it couldn't be exported to the US. The ban should not apply to farm-bred species, I suppose? Since we're not endangering the wild?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store