Ice fishing season for me.

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
not a big fan of any bottom-feeders, if I eat catfish, I prefer farm-raised unless it comes from very clean waters.
I go with a buddy of mine we go cat fishing at times and he loves to eat them. There is this hidden pond behind some warehouse we go and catch some beast. Very large mouth bass in there we caught as well. I am catch and release type of guy but he keeps them and eats them. If I had some monster fish like I used to I would catch sunfish and chop them up and feed them to my fish. RTC loved em lol

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
I go with a buddy of mine we go cat fishing at times and he loves to eat them. There is this hidden pond behind some warehouse we go and catch some beast. Very large mouth bass in there we caught as well. I am catch and release type of guy but he keeps them and eats them. If I had some monster fish like I used to I would catch sunfish and chop them up and feed them to my fish. RTC loved em lol
"Very Largemouth Bass" must be a new species LMAO, never heard of that one haha it's not JUST a Largemouth Bass..........

it's a VERY Largemouth Bass loolololol

no, but seriously, be careful feeding your fish anything from the wild, could have parasites or unseen pathogens - best to flash-freeze it or at least freeze it in a bag of water 1st

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
"Very Largemouth Bass" must be a new species LMAO, never heard of that one haha it's not JUST a Largemouth Bass..........

it's a VERY Largemouth Bass loolololol

no, but seriously, be careful feeding your fish anything from the wild, could have parasites or unseen pathogens - best to flash-freeze it or at least freeze it in a bag of water 1st
I don't do that anymore and won't be even if I end up getting bigger fish. Yeah I know I would freeze them and then chop them up. I would obviously kill them right away take their heads off. lol

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Reactions: Frank Castle

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
Yeah its a hit or a miss. I never ate carp does anyone on here taste grass carp? I was going to take some for my father for his koi pond but he didn't want them at all he said they might cross breed and stuff
Grass carp and koi cannot hybridizing anyways so go ahead sneak them into the koi pond but eating a common or a grass carp.......YUCKY!!!!!! I've eaten many fish species I can catch and carp is worst tasting fish I ever eaten. I'm sure someone will chime in and said the carp is good to eat, but they're probably lying about it.

Reactions: Frank Castle

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
Grass carp and koi cannot hybridizing anyways so go ahead sneak them into the koi pond but eating a common or a grass carp.......YUCKY!!!!!! I've eaten many fish species I can catch and carp is worst tasting fish I ever eaten. I'm sure someone will chime in and said the carp is good to eat, but they're probably lying about it.
Thought so! I thought KOI and carp are from the same family ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koi

Carp in Japanese means KOI and according to that link the common carp is what makes a KOI. So I don't see why they couldn't breed

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store