Ich <again>

Cheesehead

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2011
WI
Ph: 7.9-8.0 (I think this may be my problem going to do a w/c tomorrow)
Ammonia: 0
Nitrate: 0 (always has been since I have tested or it, I am thinking it is the chaeto+hair algae+macro algae that does it. Once the ich goes away, I will be scrubbing the one and only rock that grows the stuff.)

I will test Kh, Ca, and Phosphates tomorrow.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Slippery K

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Honestly, copper is the best, but also the most harmful to your fish and tank. hypnosalinity is your second best bet with raised temps. Honestly I keep all my sw tanks at 1.015 just to help prevent ich. Iv done it for years with no ill effects on any of my stock, and iv kept some very delicate species before.

Cheesehead

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2011
WI

Cheesehead

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2011
WI
Also on his anal fin there is a spot of what I think is ich, and under it is a milky white spot that is about the size of a pencil eraser, any ideas?

Inglorious

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2010
Stuck inside my own head
I don't have any solutions but wish you good luck in figuring this out. If you remove all the livestock into a QT could you then treat that with copper and then wait it out with the DT until the ick should be gone? And forgive me if this is a dumb question, but with your corals could your raise the DT temp higher to quicken the lifecycle of the ick like in FW or are the coral too delicate?

Cheesehead

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2011
WI
I can't really do anything in my DT due to corals, snails, and rock + sand. First I will see if they can get better in their own, but if they don then I am going to have to do hypo again. If I do have to get a QT, what size for a 2.5" Valentini and 1.8" clown?

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
Honestly, copper is the best, but also the most harmful to your fish and tank. hypnosalinity is your second best bet with raised temps. Honestly I keep all my sw tanks at 1.015 just to help prevent ich. Iv done it for years with no ill effects on any of my stock, and iv kept some very delicate species before.
1.015 is little more than brackish....it works?

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
Brackish is like 1.004 to 1.008

Sent from my HTC One V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

I know...i said a little more, considering that salt is 1.030. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store