Ich <again>

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
Yes, but be aware it will stay in your rock. You won't be able to use that rock with coral or inverts for a very long time.

Butthorn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2012
Philly
Yes, but be aware it will stay in your rock. You won't be able to use that rock with coral or inverts for a very long time.
I have a fowlr 125. Things are good. I'm asking about ich just so I have a plan if it becomes a problem in the future. Will using copper destroy my live rock/kill any bb? I have a few feather dusters that I'm sure wouldn't Handel a copper treatment, but how would the live rock be after copper? Has anyone used copper in fowlr who can share experience. I read quite a few things that make it sound like copper will basically destroy live rock. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ckcdrummer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
CA
I have ich right now in my tank as well and there's one medication I would strongly suggest called MEDIC, it's a bit expensive, around $40 but really worth it cause it's the best treatment I've ever used. The only problem is you can NOT miss one dosage and you have to dose it twice a day which some people may have a hard time remembering to do. If you follow the steps correctly then it works great.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
I have a fowlr 125. Things are good. I'm asking about ich just so I have a plan if it becomes a problem in the future. Will using copper destroy my live rock/kill any bb? I have a few feather dusters that I'm sure wouldn't Handel a copper treatment, but how would the live rock be after copper? Has anyone used copper in fowlr who can share experience. I read quite a few things that make it sound like copper will basically destroy live rock. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Copper will have a little bit of an impact right away in relation to your bacteria colony - but not enough to do anything bad. The feather dusters will die. After the treatment, you'll still have copper leaching out of the rock for awhile. Keep up with regular water changes and carbon or some type of copper absorbing media/filtration. It may take a few months to get it all out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store