Ideas for fish to start with???

Jrob

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2011
Michigan
I wanted to hold off on a trigger until last but I've heard the picasso triggers arent too aggressive.
depends on what you like in the triggers... picasso and niger triggers are less aggressive than the others...(plus their individual personality...)

Jrob

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2011
Michigan
how much live rock ? FOWLR Tank ? Filtration ?

To help the tank cycle and get a tough fish a domino damsil ! hahah lil buggers will fight anyone !
lol i hope he would be suggesting it was fowlr...not gonna put a grouper/lion in a full reef....geeeeez haha

aprime11b

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2011
Oregon to Florida
I ordered 75 lbs of dry rock for 100 bucks which included the 30 dollars for shipping. Still way cheaper than stores.

Bought from affordable aquatics

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Otherone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
Lancaster,PA USA
Just remember it can take up to 9 weeks to get the dry stuff to convert enuff nitrate to be fish and invert safe -20ppm. Exposure to higher amounts at the very least can promote weakened immune systems or shorten their lifespan

INDK617

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2008
Portland, ME
Thanks for the great suggestions everyone. I went with the Panther Grouper, Lionfish and Niger Trigger. They are all pretty small and I'll feed them carefully so I dont think the impact will be too bad, I will also moniter the ammonia levels etc very carefully. I'll post some pics soon, its built into a wall and its starting to look really cool with the rocks and fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store