Identify my gar and give some comment on my tank setup and tank mates, thanks.

wilsonhuweishen

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2013
Malaysia
because my place here is limited, not many people have this kind of fish here, mostly they buy it and mix it with koi, if i want to make a tank for them, how big should i build for them, the only material for building the tank will only be glass, cause i ask whole town people make 8 foot tank for me, they just refuse, they say its dangerous might break. any suggestion? would like to hear from u

livebearerfreak

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2006
no where
i would just keep the oscar alone as a wet pet, but if you are persist on keeping the RBP, ( pacu or piranha? ) then a 8 foot 300 gallon should be fine for a school of them with nothing else.. ( if pacu, dont bother, you would need a pond basically )

Vanimal

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2012
Florida
Same here looks like a Gator Gar and sounds like somebody didn't do their homework before purchasing... But a plywood indoor pond or plywood tank is definitely your best bet.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

rusty2012

Feeder Fish
Jan 18, 2013
n/a
i believe the answer your looking for is a florida spotted gar looks like a shortnose it can get 2 to 3 foot watch the oscar he will kill the gar definently not a gator gar they are green

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
the first to pictures is an Alligator gar, the third picture is a Florida gar! and you will need at least 5000 Gallon(19000 liters) for a gator gar and about 180G(680 liters) for the Florida gar but bigger is better..

rusty2012

Feeder Fish
Jan 18, 2013
n/a
DEFINENTLY NOT A GATOR GAR!they are green and do not have needle teeth head structure is more like a alligator they can get 8 foot!the spotted longnose and shortnose are mostly what is sold!

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
It's a gator gar. they are the biggest in all gar species! You'll need a pond.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store