If i were to...

If i am willing to help my fellow MFK'ers

• Total voters

Morledzep

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2007
where my cichla are
i'm glad you didn't change any of my actual wording.. but i kinda think it really didn't need to be incorporated into your stuff.. makes some of the reading kinda confusing. I noticed that you took out what i said about my PH always running about 7.6.

i switched to RO/DI water not because of the PH level, or the natural hardness of our local tap water, but because we have a serious ammonia problem in our tap water. it was making one of my tanks smell like a sewer (and now that i know about the ammonia problem i can't drink the stuff either.. lol)..

and because we switched to RO/DI then we had water that had no buffers in it (had a couple nasty tank crashes because of that).. so we opted for crushed coral (we already had in a couple tanks). which brought the PH back up to 7.6 naturally. even with the low levels of salt and the driftwood in each of the tanks the PH doesn't drop, but it also doesn't go up without serious manipulation. I have to actively work at getting the PH to 8.0 and keeping it there for the africans.

Tongue33

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
Utah
www.davescichlids.com
Seems this is a discussion thread for what may end up a sticky. I am opting out.

Moreledzep. I like how you do your water. I believe the pH info should be left in the info and disagree with it being deleted.. It is NOT how I do my water. But the point is it works and Moreledzep KNOWS FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE that it works. So that info should be left!! Isn't the info being looked for said "THAT YOU KNOW IS TRUE".. He/She knows and her LARGE cichla shows the info is TRUE.

Too many people think They know more than everyone else with Cichla.... And that you must keep your pH at the level of acid to keep your Cichla happy or you must get Piscivores onto non live food to cut risk or keep them healthy.. I'm still learning and I am still researching because I have issues with care sheets..Especially when I do not have any info on the author or their success and pics of their fish..

I disagree with allot of the OPINIONS and FISHBASE (Cut and Paste) info on Cichla. And that is why my cichla live.

And I want to see Cichla keepers fish LONG before I believe anything they say...

So those who have posted no pics .. Please take a minute and do so in the section or in the Photo section. I have a hard time believing a source without pics and experience.. I always read about the source on the books I have read too..

I'm with Boosten on this one FOR now...

My apologies for or being sounding Brash...

Adulteration of freely given info is not cool. The fact that the pH was left out of Moreldzep's added info to the authors Opinion is disturbing.

Morledzep

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2007
where my cichla are
now that i've finally figured out how to use the memory card on my camcorder for still pics i think i'll turn the lights on and try to take some new pics of Dozer and the gang.

it's been awhile since i've posted any pics of any of my fish.. it's about time.

Morledzep

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2007
where my cichla are
well, the pics came out terrible.. but i'm gonna post em anyway and then figure out a way to use my old camera on the new computer.. lol.

Pinky and her loyal subjects.JPG

fish 003.JPG

fish 004.JPG

Morledzep

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2007
where my cichla are
and that isn't debris floating in the water, that's zucchini leftovers that the cave dweller didn't finish.

CichlaRyan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2008
Land of sun
sweet pics. pretty awsome. and for the last time i didnt C/P i wrote it on word then i saved it then i posted it here. My resorses were morledzep,me,Books. And if you want pics you will have to wait for 1-2 weeks till i return home. and i find this kinda rediculous why would i try to post a cichla care/info thread if i had no expernience in the first place i mean it makes sence.

Morledzep

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2007
where my cichla are
catfishlover106;1992715; said:
LOL what are the cave dwellers? im not asking what it is but what fish it is

i probably should have made that clear.. the cave dweller is a common pleco that lives in the big white rock.. he only comes out to eat even though he's nearly as big as every fish in the tank.. lol.

CichlaRyan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2008
Land of sun
okay well im gonna give up on this thread its not going far and i dont think its sticky material its rather fact cheesy and im kinda tired of putting my last effort into this sort of stuff. Im going back to books.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store