I'm making an elasmobranch pond!

krj-1168

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2006
Eastern NC
Horn Sharks are pretty cool sharks.

They tend to be less active than Smoothhounds - but more active than bamboos & Eppies (usually). They are also usually much easier to keep than Smoothhounds.

Every aquarist that I've talked to about horn sharks - has stated that they are a wonderful fairly hardy species, with aggressive feeding behavior, and a "friendly" personality.

serafino

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Thanks, definitely a good possibility after this shark pond will be the Carcharodon Carcharias pond muhaha and then get a male and female pair and do ground breaking research on their reproduction ........ if only if only man I LOVE THOSE GUYS!

krj-1168

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2006
Eastern NC
Hmmm .... Yeah Great Whites are Awesome. But practically impossible to keep in captive for more than 7 months - at present time. Keep one til Adulthood or plan on breeding them in captive - basically you can forget it.

Unless - someone builds the world's largest marine tank - which would need to be at least 100 times the size the Georgia Aquarium. ;)

serafino

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Thats my dream right there! Here tell me what you think about this pond/tank I found it in another thread here in the pond section.http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67866
supposedly it has a very tough liner that is three ply. It is relatively inexpensive. The only problem I can see is the metal tubing which makes up the frame. do you think it would be a problem. and if it is a problem what could I do to replace it with?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store