In your fish keeping experience how often has a "impulse fish buy" worked out?

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I would say for me, its worked out probably 90% of the time, since even with impulse buys, if i think it wont work with current residence or might outgrow my tank, i wont buy it...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
I would say for me, its worked out probably 90% of the time, since even with impulse buys, if i think it wont work with current residence or might outgrow my tank, i wont buy it...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Exactly.....even though it's a impulse buy I still use common sense.

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
Hello; Impulse buys = too many times the first few decades. Hardly any impulse buys the last couple of decades. It took about the same amount of time to learn to resist impulse buys as it did to stop getting married again.
Did you get to keep the tanks?

Exactly.....even though it's a impulse buy I still use common sense.

Maybe I should re-phrase my original post: "Impulse buy" - meaning you know not much about the fish, and aren't really thinking about long term care requirements.

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
Eh, could just pull out your phone and Google it. I don't think I've ever not done that because I'd feel too irresponsible

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
I've bought fish over the years that I should have given more thought to before I bought them, I would venture to say alot of us have done this at some point. I never bought a fish I knew nothing about before hand or had no idea how to take care of, as an adult hobbiest anyway. I can't say as a kid I didn't bring things home I shouldn't have like and oscar for a 10 gallon tank.

I've bought fish over the years that I should have given more thought to before I bought them, I would venture to say alot of us have done this at some point. I never bought a fish I knew nothing about before hand or had no idea how to take care of, as an adult hobbiest anyway. I can't say as a kid I didn't bring things home I shouldn't have like and oscar for a 10 gallon tank.

exactly. I've learned over the years. But I must admit i've googled in a pet shop.

Eh, could just pull out your phone and Google it. I don't think I've ever not done that because I'd feel too irresponsible

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I've googled in a pet shop.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store