Jardini
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2013
Well I hope none of my fish die.

Andrink

Jardini
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2013
If my Jardini isn't very aggressive and is used to my fish, will it not fight?

MattyA

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2013
Australia
I personally think the aggression in jardini are overrated, they are quite placid IMO except when challenged. The only time my toga has told off any fish was when the dovii kept nipping him and even then the jar just gave a little warning bite then swan off. You will be fine providing your current fish don't piss off the jar too much.

MattyA

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2013
Australia
If you want fish that will live in harmony together then tank busters aren't for you. Of course big aggressive fish will fight with each other, its in their nature.. they won't go around giving hugs to the other fishes that's for certain.

E.C.

I'm looking at your soul
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2013
in the Living Water
Why can't all fish just be friends?!

:arapaimag:D:asianarow

WHY?!:swear::swear::swear:

Fish be like::arapaimag NO!:banhim:YES! :stingray:

:WTF:<------AGREED!

Ok just making icons. LOL
It's because the set up you're having is a "PREDATORY TANK", in nature, instincts, design and behavior they eat meaty diets, also get much territorial for food location, mating rights and their choice territory to roam on, and ofcourse a enclose setup is very different compare to nature. Having even 1000g tank is just a tiny bit piece of shallow river elsewhere.

I personally think the aggression in jardini are overrated, they are quite placid IMO except when challenged. The only time my toga has told off any fish was when the dovii kept nipping him and even then the jar just gave a little warning bite then swan off. You will be fine providing your current fish don't piss off the jar too much.

If you want fish that will live in harmony together then tank busters aren't for you. Of course big aggressive fish will fight with each other, its in their nature.. they won't go around giving hugs to the other fishes that's for certain.
Some aggressive fish can be pretty docile or placid if it's their personality, but that's just rare, can be possible though but again somehow rare because of solely fish rely on instincts, some may have intelligence but that's a exemption as it is. Other reasons are they're fed well, the tank is too small to chase other fish, bad water parameters, or just plainly placid.

Jesseliu13

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2012
Holmdel, NJ
Lol that happened with jardini. My clown knife got in the jardini's swimming path and got pissed off. And just tackled it and just kept swimming lmfao. Was like b**** watch where ur swimming.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Its a tricky one this all ive ever known is jardini aggregation mines killed and eaten loads of tankmates over the years big and small , currently in with jag cichlid (also a killer ) big pacu , lots of big cats and a birchir which for some reason hasn't been eaten
There are however people who have placid jars on mfk the lucky few I suppose , its just a case of try stuff out and be prepared for attacks , hiding places are good but jars can get into the smallest gaps so make them good with an escape if poss , space also helps calm aggregation down the more tankspace your jars got the less frustrated he will be

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Dude, Andrink, no need for quadruple posts! Gather your thoughts before you make a post lol.

As for your question, Jars seem to be hit or miss in a community. It seems to come down to both preparation and the individual fishes' disposition. Some work in a community, more don't. I certainly wouldn't put anything that I cared about in with a jardini!

Moved to arowanas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store