MFK Member
Dec 1, 2011
INDIA

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
How long have you had them? My 2 started off super shy constantly hiding but they're in a tank where every fish goes ape**** crazy and they started coming out all the time after a few days

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
I say rehome them! This hobby should be enjoyable. The second something stops being enjoyable to me with this hobby I rehome it then move on to the next. You do not have to commit to keeping a certain fish you just have to commit to taking good care of them while you have them and making sure they go to a good home when you no longer want them. You can always get more if you choose to in the future. I would rehome them.

***Jack Dempsey Cichlid Lover***

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
Datnoids are like a fine wine. They get better as they age and only a select few will enjoy them. If you give them time, you won't regret it. Too many people give up on them too quickly because of how they act when smaller. I'm far from a fish expert, but I enjoy all 14 of my Datnoids ranging from 3"-16".

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
I say rehome them! This hobby should be enjoyable. The second something stops being enjoyable to me with this hobby I rehome it then move on to the next. You do not have to commit to keeping a certain fish you just have to commit to taking good care of them while you have them and making sure they go to a good home when you no longer want them. You can always get more if you choose to in the future. I would rehome them.

***Jack Dempsey Cichlid Lover***
I am, I'm selling two for now.... if I can even sell them on here. I have an ad up as we speak

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Datnoids are like a fine wine. They get better as they age and only a select few will enjoy them. If you give them time, you won't regret it. Too many people give up on them too quickly because of how they act when smaller. I'm far from a fish expert, but I enjoy all 14 of my Datnoids ranging from 3"-16".
Well said Strollo.I have been in and out of love with dats since I first laid eyes on a photo of one and finally finding one in the early nineties.I admit to losing patience or interest in them due to their undesirable habits over the years but have come to appreciate them.I don't have as many as Strollo has but I currently have a nice group of large dats and some nice looking smaller dats growing out.It probably also helps that my tanks are located in the basement and not someplace where I can constantly look at and get frustrated if the fish are not doing what I want them to do lol.They are not for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app[/QUOTE]

bassguy

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2010
Limbo

Far from a expert my donkey!! This guys knows his feces about fish!!

Carpsalmon

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2009
Oregon
As stated by a lot of the guys already, patience and perseverance with datnoids is key. I bought my first dats in 06 they were to baby India 100 per stable but I made an amateur mistake that killed my stock. I then went and ordered 70 1.5 inchers and kept three sold the rest. 3 are still fully stable. I recieved one at 10 inches that was unstable and he was never stable in the previous owners tank either but after having him for a few years he started showing an awesome character so I kept him. Many times during that first few years I was tempted to sell him I'm glad I didn't. He is now stable 95 percent of the time n super outgoing. Have patience. It also helps to have fillers in the tank during the boring years. Get an aro, leichardti are awesome.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store