Last Fish Transaction - Not so good.....

Carpsalmon

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2009
Oregon
I was thinking ammonia burn during transport possibly, maybe PH issues, IDK.

He just told me the Niger is dead and the other two Azul's are at the top of the water but the big Kelberi is fine so far.
What kind of a dick keeps letting u know about dead fish? Straight up tell him to deal with it, u buy a fish it's like marriage for good or bad it his provlem

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

knifegill

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Oscar Tummy
It's a difference in water parameters or quality. Either your or his tank have large differences in hardness or quality. It doesn't matter which tank is which, one of them is higher in TDS than the other and the osmotic stress is too much. You can take a fish from a disgusting, never changed tank and put into a healthy tank and the shock will kill it. It goes both ways.

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
Show him this thread and tell him hes got problems on his end. Fish were alive when he took them and died under his care. Simple as that his fault.

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
It's a difference in water parameters or quality. Either your or his tank have large differences in hardness or quality. It doesn't matter which tank is which, one of them is higher in TDS than the other and the osmotic stress is too much. You can take a fish from a disgusting, never changed tank and put into a healthy tank and the shock will kill it. It goes both ways.
Agreed black water fish could take weeks to adjust to regular tap water.

JasonsPlecosCichlids

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2010
Kentucky
jasonsplecoscichlids.com
He's not that, he's a good guy, I can understand he is upset because he spent a lot of money. I was just curious to see if there was something on my end that I missed/didn't do, could have done better, etc. I will text him tomorrow to ask about his fish. This bothered me so much that I was up most of the night which is why I posted this early in the morning.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
It's like this - once you buy a fish, it's up to you to keep it healthy - and even so, sometimes they die. It sucks, but it's got nothing to do with you.
He saw them, liked them, and bought them. They were not dying while you had them. It's on him.
...end of story.

tanyaelec11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2012
canada
its clear as day . His tank is not cycled and putting all of those big fish at once caused an ammonia spike.

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
He's not that, he's a good guy, I can understand he is upset because he spent a lot of money. I was just curious to see if there was something on my end that I missed/didn't do, could have done better, etc. I will text him tomorrow to ask about his fish. This bothered me so much that I was up most of the night which is why I posted this early in the morning.
I can tell you're a good man. There's nothing wrong on your part and you should explain to him that ***** happens. Not particularly his fault nor yours. If hes a decent person he would understand and quit bugging you about the lost fish. I'm sure he played a big role in the death though but nothing you can really say or do.

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
That's the chance you take when transporting fish. Once they are out the door it's now in the owners hands to make sure they have transported them the best way they could have to reduce stress. If you don't come prepared for everything then how is that the sellers fault. If a person has a long road trip then be prepared to change some water along the way,use a bubbler and maybe even add some prime. If you don't come prepared then expect problems. He got to look at them before he bought them so if you don't like what you see then don't buy them. Sounds like water problems during transport and then again in the owners tank. I know of a few people that have gone on long road trips,spent big bucks for expensive fish and in the end weren't prepared for everything and guess what happend!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store