Last Fish Transaction - Not so good.....

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
I agree with everyone else. I am sure everyone in this situation would feel some guilt but I agree that his tank probably had an ammonia spike with all those new fish added.

All the fish were healthy with you an were healthy when you sold them. You are not to blame.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
Did he put all those fish in the same tank? Sounds like he had a huge ammonia spike from adding so many at once or is tank wasn't cycled at all when he added them. This is another reason why I always drip acclimate my fish for 1-2 hours. I'd hate to shock my fish from a difference in water so I try to make the transition as smooth as possible.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Just to chime in I totally agree with everyone else , the fish were perfectly healthy when you had them , its either the journey which I doubt would produce enough ammonia to cause burns and death in such little time , or an ammonia spike in his tank because of the load of new fish and an in completed cycle in the tank , these things happen at the end of the day they are living creatures and do die unexpected sometimes , I'm sure your both stressing over it ATM but will get it sorted over time

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

MyGiants

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2010
North American Region
stores.ebay.com
Sounds like this guy got something in his tank beat up the new fish. I would tell him to go pound sand! He came in person saw them before he bought them. Everything was fine until the next day. You have no control once they leave your possession. You have no control over what fish he already has in his tank. This guy a little whiney kid who obviously doesn't know how to care for fish. You did nothing wrong I would not beat yourself up about it.

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
Sounds like this guy got something in his tank beat up the new fish. I would tell him to go pound sand! He came in person saw them before he bought them. Everything was fine until the next day. You have no control once they leave your possession. You have no control over what fish he already has in his tank. This guy a little whiney kid who obviously doesn't know how to care for fish. You did nothing wrong I would not beat yourself up about it.
Well said here.

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
Did the buyers inquire at all about the water parameters the fish were being kept in?

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
If a niger cat died............. bad water, baby. Thems' a tough fish!

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
If a niger cat died............. bad water, baby. Thems' a tough fish!

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I was just thinking this as well. If a nice big and healthy cat died, I would assume water.

JasonsPlecosCichlids

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2010
Kentucky
jasonsplecoscichlids.com
I just got confirmation that all the fish he got from me died, the other guy only lost one Azul, the tig, mono and kel are fine :( I still have a baby motoro and Zonatus that are just fine in my tank, oh yea along with a Tire Track and 10 Rainbows.

He didn't ask for water parameters, I think in all my fish trades only one person wanted to know what they were and that's the guy that bought my 500.

The Niger cats were 12" or so, there were 3, he got one I think and his buddy got two, trying to find out how the other guys cats are doing.

He said his ammonia was 0, ph 6.6, nitrite 0, nitrates 20

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
I just got confirmation that all the fish he got from me died, the other guy only lost one Azul, the tig, mono and kel are fine :( I still have a baby motoro and Zonatus that are just fine in my tank, oh yea along with a Tire Track and 10 Rainbows.

He didn't ask for water parameters, I think in all my fish trades only one person wanted to know what they were and that's the guy that bought my 500.

The Niger cats were 12" or so, there were 3, he got one I think and his buddy got two, trying to find out how the other guys cats are doing.

He said his ammonia was 0, ph 6.6, nitrite 0, nitrates 20
Wow that's crazy.

How well did you say you know him?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store