Last Fish Transaction - Not so good.....

Cookie*

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2010
Northern NJ
mocoloco.com
I understand the guilty feeling, but you really did nothing wrong if the fish left healthy. Considering he bought them, they were healthy. There was nothing you could have done better or different that would have changed the outcome. Whenever one buys a fish and leaves the premises with said fish, the seller is no longer liable.

JasonsPlecosCichlids

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2010
Kentucky
jasonsplecoscichlids.com
Wow that's crazy.

How well did you say you know him?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Well 2 years ago I bought a 24" plus clown knife off of him, met him at his house, then I sold him all my bass and other fish when I sold out, we text almost daily for fish updates, fish for sale, etc and now this transaction.

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
Well 2 years ago I bought a 24" plus clown knife off of him, met him at his house, then I sold him all my bass and other fish when I sold out, we text almost daily for fish updates, fish for sale, etc and now this transaction.
Oh wow that's a tough call then.

RATEDRSUPERFAN

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2010
wisconsin
It's a difference in water parameters or quality. Either your or his tank have large differences in hardness or quality. It doesn't matter which tank is which, one of them is higher in TDS than the other and the osmotic stress is too much. You can take a fish from a disgusting, never changed tank and put into a healthy tank and the shock will kill it. It goes both ways.
I have had that happen where i have bought fish from people who have crappy tanks and put them it good tanks and they croak

its clear as day . His tank is not cycled and putting all of those big fish at once caused an ammonia spike.
Which is why i usually do one fish at a time when i do an aquarium unless its mandatory for me to do more like with Red Belly Piranhas

I agree its not your fault but at the same time you should at least have him give you a water sample so your can do test of your own

JasonsPlecosCichlids

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2010
Kentucky
jasonsplecoscichlids.com
I have had that happen where i have bought fish from people who have crappy tanks and put them it good tanks and they croak

Which is why i usually do one fish at a time when i do an aquarium unless its mandatory for me to do more like with Red Belly Piranhas

I agree its not your fault but at the same time you should at least have him give you a water sample so your can do test of your own
He lives over 2 hours away so the water sample he would give me would be different than if it came straight out of his tank and tested within a minute or so. I'm going to test the water and the guys house now just to see what they are.

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
Obviously you both are avid fish keepers so I think it's tough to pinpoint an exact cause for the deaths.

Really sounds like a terrible situation. Hope you both can figure out a way to resolve this.

Catfishracer

Feeder Fish
Apr 21, 2009
London, UK
The water tested out perfect. PH was 6.69, Ammonia is 0, Nitrite is 0, Nitrate is 0. I thought he was 75 GPD automatic water change from the RO system, its actually 125 GPD. and guess what, all his fish are still alive :)
Huh... Did I miss something. So his water is perfect and none of the fish he told you died were dead? Where did I get lost here...

Sent from my SM-N900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store