leichardti

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
Yeah they seem to be all over right now, gonna have my tax return soon so might get a baby and vacate my 40 for it

Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Yeah they seem to be all over right now, gonna have my tax return soon so might get a baby and vacate my 40 for it

I don't remember you having a large enough tank. They grow at a minimum of an inch a month, so you need a big tank right away if you get one. Mine is already getting to large for the 150 it is in currently. The 600 I am building will be wet by mid June. You will need a minimum of a 6x3 Ft tank in less than two years. I hope you get one!

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
I'm in the process of building a 7x3x3 lol the 40 would be a growout/ qt as all I see are babies that would probably be eaten in my 70

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
How is he a few weeks after the shellacking the Pom Pom laid on him?..He should be healing up nicely.
its been about a week and he is doing great. Just waiting to see how the fins grow back in

MichaelE

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2005
sweden
Do you guys have any idea when these guys calm down and take the "jumpyness " down a notch?
My little guy is about 15cm, feeding well and comes up to me when I'm close to the tank...only to spazz out every now and again and smash against the top.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

JayC74

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
Charney..i had my leis together in a standard 90gal till about the foot mark till I upraded them, so I think your 4 by 6 will work just fine. MichealE..ime, leis never lose that jumpyness wiith my moderate sized tanks compared to their size. I think they're the most skittish aros by far outside feeding times when they can get bold like any aro. Dropping the water a few inches can prevent injury some, but the only remedy for the jumpyness I would imagine would be upgrading to an enormous tank compared to the leis size to help the closterphobia most of them seem to have

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
The cure for jumpyness is to have them in a room where there is slways activity. We walk past mine I guess 20-30 times a day. That doesn't count times paying attention to the tank. Same experience with my jar and silver. Notice how in a public aquarium there are no jumpy fish, even though the the little booger eaters are banging on the tanks? Keep skitish fish in an active room and they eventually calm down.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store