leichardti

JayC74

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
The cure for jumpyness is to have them in a room where there is slways activity. We walk past mine I guess 20-30 times a day. That doesn't count times paying attention to the tank. Same experience with my jar and silver. Notice how in a public aquarium there are no jumpy fish, even though the the little booger eaters are banging on the tanks? Keep skitish fish in an active room and they eventually calm down.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Good point Rodger. My place is usually empty of people throughout most the day without people passing by..i'm sure they can be tamed somewhat like many living things with constant interaction..i will say, when these guys do they're brief spazzout, there is no stopping them from crashing into things as they go from one sudden direction to the next..Does yours ever do this at all & crash into the walls of the tank?..Very nice job raising him btw, he got big fast!

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Good point Rodger. My place is usually empty of people throughout most the day without people passing by..i'm sure they can be tamed somewhat like many living things with constant interaction..i will say, when these guys do they're brief spazzout, there is no stopping them from crashing into things as they go from one sudden direction to the next..Does yours ever do this at all & crash into the walls of the tank?..Very nice job raising him btw, he got big fast!
He never was a wall banger, just a lid. He used to jump out anytime I opened the lid. We have picked him up off of the floor at least 20 times. I moved him to his current spot in a high traffic area in December. For about 2 months there was a lot of banging and picking up off the floor. Now he comes racing to the side whenever we come in the room begging for food. His running mate is an Mbu that is the same way. He will be moving into the 600 as soon as it is ready, probably June.

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
He never was a wall banger, just a lid. He used to jump out anytime I opened the lid. We have picked him up off of the floor at least 20 times. I moved him to his current spot in a high traffic area in December. For about 2 months there was a lot of banging and picking up off the floor. Now he comes racing to the side whenever we come in the room begging for food. His running mate is an Mbu that is the same way. He will be moving into the 600 as soon as it is ready, probably June.
What size tank is he in now?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store