Not open for further replies.

Otto_VonBacon

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2008
Montgomery TEXAS
Zfishies;4569065; said:
he told me he knows a guy who has 2 and he breeds them?:screwy:
Can you even breed sea turtles? I'm pretty sure they depend on tides and surf and whatnot for proper survival.

knifegill

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Oscar Tummy
Nobody breeds sea turtles. It's a cover story and a bad one.

Don't contact the pet store at all. You're going to slip up and he'll know you reported him.

A pet shop near me sells some illegal stuff, too, but it's on milder side of things. Baby turtles, poison dart frogs, stuff like that. Stuff that the moderating agencies won't let my favorite LFS sell, so I know the other guy shouldn't, either. His strategies include writing 'Not For Sale' on pretty much every tank, offering the animals as 'Free With Purchase' and simply not identifying the creatures at all anywhere in the store. It's a total buyer beware shop. But he's never brought in anything as hot as a sea turtle. That's just suicide.

Zfishies

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2010
Milky Way Galaxy,
I called him when i got home he said he sold him he also said it was a leather back/neck sea turtle (idk if that's the common name, don't remember to well) I asked him when he will have more in, he said check back in 2weeks but he is not sure he'll be getting them anytime soon again

Otolith

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2009
Louisiana
Maybe its a diamondback terrapin, they can live in moderate salinity.... I really hope its not a sea turtle :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store