Life with Miniature "Monsters" - Small Fish can be a BIG deal too!

dreadfish04

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2008
uk
smallest fish with biggest personality, pygmy puffer....the tiny 1cm pita terrorised my 8 inch featherfin syno for months....until he ate it oops, now i have a new pygmy in his own 2.5 gallon tank

BloodredOscar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2008
Canada
*cough* 100g community tank gouramis,tetra's yeah *cough* i TOTALLY DISAGREE!

devder1

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2008
arizona
Fishes33;1401747; said:
I disagree with you, not because a fish have certain attitude nor their size affect their status of earning the place of being a monster.

Its depend on whether you seen the fish before or not.

If the person think it is.. then it is..

Just like Frankestein, hes above average in size, but hes nice, so how come people still call him a monster? :D Because he looks weird? one of a kind? and people never seen him before?

Just like if you haven't seen a neon tetra before, and now you see one. You might think its weird with all those neon color. Then you might say its a weird fish or weird little monster, cause of the bright coloration on the body ;)
monsters can be whatever u want
i am doing small fish as well so i think my 7 inch african brown knife is a
/\/\ONSTROSITY lol :grinno:

ForteThundaga

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2007
house
I am a writer by nature - I tell stories - sometimes they're even true stories. I wanted to write about small things and making them seem big. My focus is to share and entertain, not pronounce my masculinity by basing it on the fish I keep. lol. The writing was the part I didn't enjoy.

Passionate 4 pikes

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2008
Manaus, Brazil
I kinda agree with your post but not neccesarily your way of saying it. when i was just starting i liked to think of my fish as good as monsters but now i have moved on and even though i love the little ones the fish like pikes, peacocks, rays, tilapia etc... are differant. Basically all fish are equal, there is no fish BETTER then another (hybrids are an exception:p:barf:) everbody has an opinion to what fish is better and its fine (except when its about hybrids :p) but i would apreciate it if it was posted on another fora.

Blue2Fyre

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2008
Wisconsin
I like this thread a lot :) When I first came to MFK I was scared to post because I didn't have any monsters. But recently I got the courage and have found this place to be very helpful. I keep a tank full of mbuna and these guys are NASTY, I have found the rift lake cichlid forum to be very active and helpful. It's also been nice to share some of my own experiences and advice in this community. So I don't have a monster tank (just a 55 gallon) and I don't have any moster fish (my largest is 4"). i still come here and enjoy the site.

Meanest fish I own, my demasoni. He's 3" and a total tank terror! But I love him all the same. Sometimes he looks out of the tank at me and I feel like he's gonna jump out and take me on! lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store