Life with Miniature "Monsters" - Small Fish can be a BIG deal too!

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
Hey, a monster is what you want it be, I'm enjoying seeing the tiny baby moonlight gouramis that I've recently got swimming along side my EEGG. Each to there own

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
Brooklynella;1407479; said:
I have a Betta in an old glass ashtray and am getting high ammonia levels (PH is 7.2). What should I do??:D:D
:ROFL:

thrillbillie12

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2008
Conneaut Lake PA
www.myspace.com
Manny Stiles;1401156; said:
Besides, if they don't work in your tank they become "delicacy" feeders for your "other" monsters... Don't your other "monsters" deserve a little exotic variety now and then?
"?!?!?!
LOL

HiGhTiMeZ

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2006
Montreal, Canada
www.friendster.com
nope! ur not alone dude!
im with u too! i have been playing with my 55gal too for so long and i finally found out what i like it to be... it is stocked with live plants and small tetras, angels :) i love it! a lil place of serenity.

53special

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2007
Bensalem Pa
Not everyone has the space, money or the desire to have monster fish.Myself, lack the space in my 2 bedroom apt. I have a 55 (until I get my 150) with 2 3-4" Dempseys, 4 EBJD's, 1 Clown Pleco, i common Pleco and 2 Polka Dot Loaches. I also have a 75 with Mollies, Swordtails and Platys.

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
53special;1487548; said:
Not everyone has the space, money or the desire to have monster fish.Myself, lack the space in my 2 bedroom apt. I have a 55 (until I get my 150) with 2 3-4" Dempseys, 4 EBJD's, 1 Clown Pleco, i common Pleco and 2 Polka Dot Loaches. I also have a 75 with Mollies, Swordtails and Platys.
So are you saying that if you did have the space, money and desire you would have 'monster' fish ?

It sounds as if you've got a pretty healthy interest in fish and keeping them if you have a 55 (soon to be a 150) and a 75 in a two bed apt.

mtnkngxt

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Hampton, VA
I don't think clown loaches are monster fish but plenty of us around here are obsessed with them around here. I think the moral of the story is that the value of any fish is in the eye of the beholder. I came to MFK a year ago, because word was that you guys were the most knowledgable keepers on the net. So far the info I've received has made me a much better keep, and made the lives of my fish much better. Let's not terrorize the new guy because he likes tropical community tanks.

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
mtnkngxt;1488262; said:
I don't think clown loaches are monster fish but plenty of us around here are obsessed with them around here. I think the moral of the story is that the value of any fish is in the eye of the beholder. I came to MFK a year ago, because word was that you guys were the most knowledgable keepers on the net. So far the info I've received has made me a much better keep, and made the lives of my fish much better. Let's not terrorize the new guy because he likes tropical community tanks.
If I've come across in a bad way then let me apologize to the group. There is nothing wrong with community tanks at all. 'the value of any fish is in the eye of the beholder' I couldn't agree more.

I was merely asking if there was intent to keep 'monster' fish given the right circumstances ('monster' is highlighted like that as it was meant to be what ever your monster is).

I live in a 1 and halve up, 1 and a halve down and have the vast majority of my living space taken up with tanks it's what I do, I was pointing out that for that living arrangement there must be a lot of water in a small space, therefore a monster fish keeper in a small environment must keep mini monsters, in the nature of this thread.

IMO all are welcome as I've posted before if you keep small fish(as I have and do), watch and enjoy them, if you are lucky enough to have the space for a x thousand g tank for x fish great share and we'll all enjoy.

'Terrorize' is a bit harsh, after all I was only asking a question.

I need a garage

53special

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2007
Bensalem Pa
Yanbbrox,

when my wife finishes school and we get a house, I am going to build a tank. It will be at least 1,000 gallons. I joined this site to help me plan it. If I had the room, I would have bought a 280 gallon tank yesterday, but I don't want to risk it falling through the floor of my apt. and I have no place to store either. I was PISSED, how does this sound
I no longer have need for a fish tank 85"l x 33"h x 23"d with 4 door wooden stand, motors, filters, hood light. It came with my house and all was operating when I emptied it the other day. $250

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
53special;1489571; said:
Yanbbrox,

when my wife finishes school and we get a house, I am going to build a tank. It will be at least 1,000 gallons. I joined this site to help me plan it. If I had the room, I would have bought a 280 gallon tank yesterday, but I don't want to risk it falling through the floor of my apt. and I have no place to store either. I was PISSED, how does this sound
I no longer have need for a fish tank 85"l x 33"h x 23"d with 4 door wooden stand, motors, filters, hood light. It came with my house and all was operating when I emptied it the other day. $250
So that's around 280g for $250, my geography is not the best but I'll pm someone who is looking for a tank that size and see if they are anywhere near you

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store