Life with Miniature "Monsters" - Small Fish can be a BIG deal too!

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
Yuo nailed it!
I am a fan of the smaller predatory fish myself.

killrmack

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2007
Foley Al.
killrmack.tumblr.com
i kind of think that the tile monster fish keepers as "monster" describing the keeper not the fish i started with a overstocked 10 gallon just a guy with a fish tank, now because of such a cool hobby i have a 55 and 2 30 gallon tanks with convicts, blood parrots, turtles, catfish, toads, and allot more knowledge from such a great forum in less than a year and still wanting more. Thats my stand point even tho i don't have a 500 gallon tank with 15" fish im still a MONSTER KEEPER OF FISH

Killrmack

Kioka

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Urgh guys...

Monster is what people define them as. I don't see people bashing around loaches or cichlids. Some people don't consider cichlids as monster because they are not the 3'-5' monsters; other people don't consider stingrays as monster because they are not aggressive to humans, etc, etc.

This IS the General Aquaria Discussion forum after all.

Now, the original poster made a wonderful post and brought out the monster personality in his little fish.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Excellent post Manny. Most of us keep or have kept small fish in the past.

Death Pony

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
I like the smaller fish too, mainly because I can't keep the big ones in my dorm room. Dwarf cichlids and dwarf puffers can be pretty mean, especially the puffers. There's also the mini-monsters like exodons, halfbeaks, etc.

niblit

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Knee deep in fish
I liked the original post and while i like to mess with and pet my big cats i keep little fish as well even a reef tank(coral is way less fun to hand feed but i still do it turky baster in hand)and ive learned alot about many different types of fish even after almost 20yrs of fish keeping many of the fish ive learned about are hardly even feeder sized but i syill tottally aprieaciate the level of knowledge on mfk

Hetepheres

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2008
Phoenix
killrmack;1407525;1407525 said:
i kind of think that the tile monster fish keepers as "monster" describing the keeper not the fish i started with a overstocked 10 gallon just a guy with a fish tank, now because of such a cool hobby i have a 55 and 2 30 gallon tanks with convicts, blood parrots, turtles, catfish, toads, and allot more knowledge from such a great forum in less than a year and still wanting more. Thats my stand point even tho i don't have a 500 gallon tank with 15" fish im still a MONSTER KEEPER OF FISH
1st Manny, I really enjoyed your ENTERTAINING story.

Killrmack, I think you are totally correct regarding just what exactly is Monster about MFK. It's the people, their knowledge and willingness to share.

It may have been some time ago, but I did work in the "Fish Biz" long enough to know good advise when I heard it, and to recognize a knowledgeable person when I saw one. There are other sites that are fine, but the breadth and depth of knowledge here is amazing-unmatched elsewhere IMHO. People who are serious about fishkeeping are the ones who show up here.

It’s why I came.

big E

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2005
the French Part of Compton
Being one of the people that has never been able to have a MOnster tank for one reason or another, I have always been a fan of the Mini-MOnsters. I love smaller puffers ,exodons, and other tiny predators. Never forget that ALL aquariums are a LUXURY that not everyone can have. Enjoy your tank WHATEVER size it is, and take care of your fish! I think that has always been one of the main messages of MFK. :thumbsup:

Death Pony

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Manny's original post was awesome, so well written for a forum post!!!! I think you guys are right about what Monster is, the keeper of the fish. Some of the combinations of fish I've seen on this site are ludacris, and that's why I love this place so much!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store