Life's a beach

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
No really my living room is a beach....

Woke up to my Roomate whom occupies my basement @ 5am, all i heard was "the fish tank dude!"

I grab some buckets and run downstairs, well the vinyl tubing connected to my spray bar had popped off, the filter is an fx5 so it emptied 70gals very quick down to the intake.

Did what i could with a shop vac and towels, now i have a bunch of fans blasting the area. Luckily my basement is NOT finished.

Filled the tank back up and the shoal are fine, thank god it wasn't the tank!

The sub floor seems wet from the basement, but im worried about permanent damage to the structure. Any other tips on how to get rid of the moisture or any advice? Thanks

Go S.Vettel #1 RB8 3X WDC!!!!!!!!!

women?! pleeze. you're like one of my grandsons. I can't even visualize you thattaway, it's just wrong.
I forgot all about NLS.

you might wanna cut back on your jet fuel intake.

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?504763-Cheap-plants-less-nitrate!-POTHOS

kdrun76

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2009
CT
Get a dehumidfier to run for a few weeks.

It can't hurt.

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
Thx bros, i had to be at work by 9am, so ill i have atm are fans blowing on the carpet, the basement puddles have nearly evap but im afraid its going to get in the wood.

women?! pleeze. you're like one of my grandsons. I can't even visualize you thattaway, it's just wrong.
I forgot all about NLS.

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?504763-Cheap-plants-less-nitrate!-POTHOS

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
If you don't pull the carpet and pad to dry it out, you risk getting mold growth.

TheGinge5

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Wow that really sucks! Im glad your fish and tank are ok and hope there is no perm damage. Good Luck

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
Stinks and good luck with cleanup, dude atleast it was just a filter not a cracked pane of glass...

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Thats what i thought it was, cuz he said ur tank. Thank god it wasn't.

I had this happen too...in my rental home..lol
Lol, lucky i dont live in an apartment, pretty certain the folks below me may be a little riled up....

If you don't pull the carpet and pad to dry it out, you risk getting mold growth.
The thing is the basement is unfinished, and the tank sits right above the basement, so i can see the base board and wood beams from the basement, im hoping if i run a big dehumid in the basement and living room i may dodge the mold issue, plus i just did a big wc a couple days ago so the water was fairly clean...

Wow that really sucks! Im glad your fish and tank are ok and hope there is no perm damage. Good Luck
Yea my biggest concern were the fish obviously! My buddies room is flooded though lol....

I forgot all about NLS.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store