Life's a beach

Z Trip

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Canada
Who this blows. Rice absorbs moisture, they say to stick a cell phone in some if you drop it in water. I would just open a bag and let the air get to it. Dehumidifier is also the best way.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
I'm not expert, but simply offer my thoughts. Just keep in mind that carpet pad is like a sponge. It will hold water long after the floor feels dry. I'm not saying you will get mold, but it is something to keep in mind.

tomomothy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
i agree with pharoah, if you cant pull the carpet up, at least get a powerful fan or a blower and have it blow on any wet carpet for several days after it feels dry

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
I'm not expert, but simply offer my thoughts. Just keep in mind that carpet pad is like a sponge. It will hold water long after the floor feels dry. I'm not saying you will get mold, but it is something to keep in mind.
i agree with pharoah, if you cant pull the carpet up, at least get a powerful fan or a blower and have it blow on any wet carpet for several days after it feels dry
I feel you, ive just been at work all day and it sucks.... Went to lowes bought the cheapest dehumidifier they had (230$) but it moves 800ounces per day, i dont really have the cash to do anything else at the moment, i have 6 decent fans running and a commercial grade fan in the basement, ill prlly put the dehumid down there before i go to bed.

The thing is the tank sits on that carpet so i cant pull it from that side of the wall, i could prlly get under it from another angle....i could cut a slit where the couch was and put one of those turbo fan things under it, if only i had one..........

Luckily its winter and not summer, so its extremely dry atm...

Not the end of the world but still blows, got to hand it to the fluval for running dry and not craping out, also my hydor korillia was running for god knows how long dry and its fine too.

Go S.Vettel #1 RB8 3X WDC!!!!!!!!!

women?! pleeze. you're like one of my grandsons. I can't even visualize you thattaway, it's just wrong.
I forgot all about NLS.

you might wanna cut back on your jet fuel intake.

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?504763-Cheap-plants-less-nitrate!-POTHOS

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
that's a pretty ghetto stand! lol

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
that's a pretty ghetto stand! lol
18$ stand-will last forever+can you see it from the kitchen?

And its covered by black fabric but since i had 70-80gallons on my carpet/basement the look of my Stand amazingly slipped my minds priority list...! Lol

women?! pleeze. you're like one of my grandsons. I can't even visualize you thattaway, it's just wrong.
I forgot all about NLS.

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?504763-Cheap-plants-less-nitrate!-POTHOS

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
I've had about 3 home floods, and Pharoah is right. you gotta pull back the carpet & padding so air can blow underneath.
carpet guys can tack it back down after everything dries out.
In my case, it was fresh water from pipes, NOT aquariums.

even with that, the water damage control guys usually bore holes into the walls for drying & preventing mold. we patch those up later. they spray chemical crap in there. I'd at least call them out for a consult. BUT 75 Gs might be less water than we had. those guys usually start by "eyeballing" the water amount on floors, & they have some kind of moisture detection tool they aim at walls so they know how high up it has creeped.

:-/

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
I've had about 3 home floods, and Pharoah is right. you gotta pull back the carpet & padding so air can blow underneath.
carpet guys can tack it back down after everything dries out.
In my case, it was fresh water from pipes, NOT aquariums.

even with that, the water damage control guys usually bore holes into the walls for drying & preventing mold. we patch those up later. they spray chemical crap in there. I'd at least call them out for a consult. BUT 75 Gs might be less water than we had. those guys usually start by "eyeballing" the water amount on floors, & they have some kind of moisture detection tool they aim at walls so they know how high up it has creeped.

:-/
I dont think its too bad, if u look at the pic of my basement most of the water made it down there, here's my attempt at pulling the carpet back lol

It only covered a 1/3 the living room so its not horrible, but still a downer!

I forgot all about NLS.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store