Life's a beach

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
Be grateful that it didn't drain on the wood floor there. You would have a buckled up mess. You should really be worried about the mold though...

NVHC651

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2010
CA
Buying a dehu is the best thing you could have done. Pulling the carpet back would be ideal as someone stated the pad is a giant sponge. Just got done with a 3 unit water damage, never seen a fish tank caused flood yet but I always expect it! Good luck man

Also I would pop off the baseboards and scratch the drywall with your nail to see if it sucked any water up

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
Be grateful that it didn't drain on the wood floor there. You would have a buckled up mess. You should really be worried about the mold though...

Buying a dehu is the best thing you could have done. Pulling the carpet back would be ideal as someone stated the pad is a giant sponge. Just got done with a 3 unit water damage, never seen a fish tank caused flood yet but I always expect it! Good luck man

Also I would pop off the baseboards and scratch the drywall with your nail to see if it sucked any water up

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I can put a little fan under different pulled up areas of the carpet every few hours, that and a good dehumidifier is all i got..

Go S.Vettel #1 RB8 3X WDC!!!!!!!!!

women?! pleeze. you're like one of my grandsons. I can't even visualize you thattaway, it's just wrong.
I forgot all about NLS.

you might wanna cut back on your jet fuel intake.

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?504763-Cheap-plants-less-nitrate!-POTHOS

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Pretty good one with the intake....it always gets interesting when these things happen. I flood my basement atleast once a month, sometimes once a week. Dehumidifiers are gold in our hobby and a def. Must. I know its scary to think its the tank. Sometimes hard to figure out where its coming from in panic. ive had this happen as well as canisters cracking, falling asleep when waterchanging or just forgot, overflows clogged leading to overfill , sink leaking, toilet leaking lol, and backed up footer drains outside. Kinda funny to always b worried about our tanks leaking and not normal things like a sink. Pretty clever with the fan under the carpet, shop vac and constantly running dehumidifier has always been my trick of the trade. Itell dry eventually no worries...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Rhomadeas

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2013
Belleville, ON, Canada
I usually drill a small hole in the intake tube a couple inches below the water surface; if you get a blown line or something, only a few gallons come out, you lose suction and then the pump runs dry. A dry pump is usually a cheaper fix than tons of water damage.

Inglorious

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2010
Stuck inside my own head
I usually drill a small hole in the intake tube a couple inches below the water surface; if you get a blown line or something, only a few gallons come out, you lose suction and then the pump runs dry. A dry pump is usually a cheaper fix than tons of water damage.
I do this on my intakes as well just as a precaution.

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
Pretty good one with the intake....it always gets interesting when these things happen. I flood my basement atleast once a month, sometimes once a week. Dehumidifiers are gold in our hobby and a def. Must. I know its scary to think its the tank. Sometimes hard to figure out where its coming from in panic. ive had this happen as well as canisters cracking, falling asleep when waterchanging or just forgot, overflows clogged leading to overfill , sink leaking, toilet leaking lol, and backed up footer drains outside. Kinda funny to always b worried about our tanks leaking and not normal things like a sink. Pretty clever with the fan under the carpet, shop vac and constantly running dehumidifier has always been my trick of the trade. Itell dry eventually no worries...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Its 60% dry so far.

Haven seen you here in a while f.1.....good think the fishes are ok

Sent from my ADR6300 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Thx man, glad my shoal survived, in the wild their subjected to small puddles of water during the dry season when parts of the amazon dries up, 3-4" isn't to bad in aquariums!

I do this on my intakes as well just as a precaution.

This is genius, i thought of this the day after!

Thx for the tips and advice guys!

women?! pleeze. you're like one of my grandsons. I can't even visualize you thattaway, it's just wrong.
I forgot all about NLS.

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?504763-Cheap-plants-less-nitrate!-POTHOS

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
Just saw this thread. I can assure you I know how bad this sucks. Keep on keepin on!

Yea no biggie, its 80% dried up already, the advice on pulling up the carpet was clutch! That helped tremendously, i didn't realize even if the carpets dry the pad isn't, so thanks to all the above (pharao, inglorious, tomothy nvh etc) glad i listened :-D

:beer::beer::beer:

I forgot all about NLS.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store