Male Leo not eating and acting not like usual

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
Thank you for your input rayman, I actually fed him and just him smelt as a separate feeding and he was all over it, so I will just pound him with that till he's fat again.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
In less than 1 day flat he went from a giant improvement and almost like his old self to showing no interest in food. 2 feedings in a row he hasn't eaten a single thing, even when it's right in front of him. He was honestly getting so much better. He just couldn't seem to put on weight. Should I dose with more prazi???

turkeyboy85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2007
mn
Make sure you are following the directions on the prazi. You need to treat multiple times to get rid of all of it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

turkeyboy85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2007
mn
Also when was your last water change?
What type of salt are you adding. What does your water parameters look like now compared to your old readings.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
Just changed water and doses with prazi again last night. Water params have been the same since I started checking them. Fed the fish today, everyone ate perfectly fine except the male Leo, third time in a row he hasn't eaten. Now this is starting to get really concerning. Should I put him in my 4x1.5x1.5? He'd be so cramped, it's my growout. He just glided right over them and showed no interest.

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
What do you guys make of this? Looks like a growth is coming straight from the spine, though maybe it's creeping from the tail up the spine, but looks more like its coming from the spine itself.
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1360531584.440125.jpgImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1360531600.437780.jpgImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1360531614.963686.jpg

doveandgrenade

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2012
Canada
What are you water Parm readings showing and did you get an actual kit or just using the test strips?
Also not sure what I'm looking at in the pic. Maybe another barb is coming in and he's ready to shed the old one soon?? Can you edit the pic and circle the areas of concern?

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
See the three white dots on the tail there in a row? Look right above the middle one a bit to the right on the barb. Params were 20-30ppm nitrate, 0ppm nitrite, 6.5 ph. Don't have anything to test ammonia but I just did a good gravel clean yesterday.

johno27

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2006
Eastpointe MI
Get something to test ammonia, Even if that is not the cause it is borderline reckless to keep rays and not have a full liquid test kit.

The tail looks like a secondary infection/fungus could anything be picking on him?

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
If anything is picking on him it's at night. But not that I have seen whatsoever, everyone is generally peaceful and he has no visible signs of bullying. What's weird is that growth seems to have fallen off, at least a good 80% of it. I can now see its clearly only on the spine, and is quite white at the centre of it. Dosed with a bit more prazi after a small water change and have been dumping small pieces of smelt right in front of the ray, he goes for it and shows interest but its hard to see if he actually eats anything, my guess is not.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store