MAX SIZE FOR SPOTTED GAR

pirarucu319

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2007
pahang
yup..
cuban is runner up if i'am not mistaken..
quite good looking
why don't ypu try.

ANCIENT MONSTER RULEZ:arapaimag :asianarow

DownUnder

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 29, 2007
Singapore
yea he could try alright... but he would need a good size cuban 2 match up against the might of the other titans in his pond community already... LoL...

Polypterus

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
Detroit
Does it need to be repeated that Cubans are one of the most delicate of Gar species???

Really people come on...please do not recommend or state things you have no knowledge or experience of...If you have no experience or knowledge of an animal just zip it and shut up. Do not give someone bad or misleading info just for the hell of it or to increase your post count.

Leave the detail to those with experience and knowledge...Why this is difficult is beyond me..If you care to chat or whatever fine but do not recommend stupid things for the sake of it.

killerfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
colorado
Polypterus;1144323; said:
Does it need to be repeated that Cubans are one of the most delicate of Gar species???

Really people come on...please do not recommend or state things you have no knowledge or experience of...If you have no experience or knowledge of an animal just zip it and shut up. Do not give someone bad or misleading info just for the hell of it or to increase your post count.
yes but in this case its about size none of the fish listed in the pond are aggressive just preditory and might be able to eat other gars plus i like them kind of looks like a dwarf alligator gar

killerfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
colorado
demjor19;1143134; said:
longnose are very thin and easily injured.
shortnose are the smallest of the gar species
spotted/florida are more common and very hardy in aquaria
croc is out of the question. (i think E_Americanus owns the only one).
Cubans are extremely rare in the hobby.

a tropical or florida/spotted would probably be your best bet. T-gar are also very rare, but they may still be available.
really i thought that tropicals were the smallest also i understand that finding the gars would be a proublem but i forgot to mention that sorry

Polypterus

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
Detroit
killerfish;1144343; said:
yes but in this case its about size none of the fish listed in the pond are aggressive just preditory and might be able to eat other gars plus i like them kind of looks like a dwarf alligator gar
Do you have any experience with Cuban gars?

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Polypterus;1144357; said:
Do you have any experience with Cuban gars?
No, but I did sleep in a "Holiday Inn Express":D

You really need to lighten up a little:)

rob0521

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2007
south florida
Bderick67;1144423; said:

Haha, I hate those commercials. Smiles all around. This is a happy forum. :D
BTW I say tropical or florida, just get him big before he goes in there.

Polypterus

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
Detroit
Bderick67;1144423; said:

Oh yeah I always forget that accurate information based on knowledge and experience should be avoided and instead be replaced with smilies and misspelled words... after all it is not as if accuracy in information is as important as stroking egos or entertaining bad ideas...

U R R8 dude.....:chillpill: :chillpill: :headbang2

I give up.....Poly signing off.... have fun Jordan...... TAG!!!!!! your it now.....

mjmc

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2007
columbus, oh
Polypterus;1144548; said:
misspelled words...

I give up.....Poly signing off.... have fun Jordan...... TAG!!!!!! your it now.....
I believe you meant you're, not your. Chill out, homie. Good points, horrible delivery.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store