MFK FORUMS R GREAT!! but the saltwater forums.......

Kdcarey

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2007
Florida
sweetang join team princess

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
i agree but then again there IS a sister site dedicated completely to SW and most fo the SW MKR's are on there already.....

soo....

put 2 and 2 together

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
the forums that im part of.... reefbuilders.com, reefsanctuary.com, 3reef.com, reefcentral.com, and then of course MFK.

chrisdef15

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2005
Australia
Why would they bother to change it when it works fine how it is now? Nothing that has been said would increase traffic or knowledge so is basically pointless.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Kdcarey;1609305; said:
:yuck::yuck: Ok just to start off this is constructive criticism.
Li, Oddball, Zoodiver, other mods. Don't get mad but i think you should consider taking this advive. I think this is mainly for Li cuz this is a major reconstuction of MFK.

I came to this site for SW but seeing all the FW forums i ventured into and now im really into FW fish. I believe that if we create an entire SW section, MFK would have a more succsessful SW forum. We have one Marine/Brackish forum. I believe if we create a second Advance Aquaria Section for SW it will increase the SW population of this site. I mean if you look at just the Cichlid forum. it has 20 times as many threads as all SW.
A forum is only good because of the members that go there. This site does not specialize in saltwater, it's just not the main focus. If you want it to be more active (better), then start recruiting people for it and generating enthusiasm. The forums only grow because of enthusiasm and word of mouth.

Kdcarey

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2007
Florida
if we increased r SW forums than more people would find us thru google or yahoo

there was a poll on this n like 40% of the people found out thru searchengine

chrisdef15

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2005
Australia
Its more the traffic you get then the amount of forums you have that influence where you are on google. All having more forums will do is make things more complicated it wont help in any way to get more people here.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Kdcarey;1614947; said:
if we increased r SW forums than more people would find us thru google or yahoo

there was a poll on this n like 40% of the people found out thru searchengine
I guess I don't understand what you want increased. The SW section has more subforums than most FW forums already.

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
I guess Li doesn't fork out enough cash for the site as it is.... if the forum really needed work it would get a over haul.... this site is more for freshwater predators.... mfk 3.0 is coming maybe the forum changed a little.... but if its not broke they won't fix it....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store